Thoughts on today

Couldn’t resist coming back on to post after today. What a professional performance that was, Cardiff are one of the most direct (that’s putting it politely) and physical teams that I have ever seen, they hit the ball down the channels at almost every opportunity to try and play for throw ins/corners to try and maintain a constant spell of pressure on our penalty area. Despite this, I never really felt at all like we would concede, we stood up to the physical test very impressively and were pretty comfortable, even the last ten minutes we saw out quite comfortably. We played some nice stuff at times and crafted enough opportunity’s to win the game, dare I say it we looked every inch a contender for top 2 today. Not many will see out a win so comfortably at Cardiff.

Couldn’t resist coming back on to post after today. What a professional performance that was, Cardiff are one of the most direct (that’s putting it politely) and physical teams that I have ever seen, they hit the ball down the channels at almost every opportunity to try and play for throw ins/corners to try and maintain a constant spell of pressure on our penalty area. Despite this, I never really felt at all like we would concede, we stood up to the physical test very impressively and were pretty comfortable, even the last ten minutes we saw out quite comfortably. We played some nice stuff at times and crafted enough opportunity’s to win the game, dare I say it we looked every inch a contender for top 2 today. Not many will see out a win so comfortably at Cardiff.

If I were you I would probably just take an unannounced break and quietly drop back in next time you get sick of this place. I’d agree that you got a bit too much grief, especially this season, but you’ll just get even more by leaving in such a “public way”. Up to you though.

I think we’re the most well rounded team in the league tbh with you. Fulham will probably thrash more teams but I’m not convinced they can pull results out like this. West Brom can but not sure they have the firepower. If anything I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sheff Utd shoot back up the table over the coming months. It took Norwich a few games to get going last season too.

Ha ha! Welcome back!

If I were you I would probably just take an unannounced break and quietly drop back in next time you get sick of this place. I’d agree that you got a bit too much grief, especially this season, but you’ll just get even more by leaving in such a “public way”. Up to you though.

I think we’re the most well rounded team in the league tbh with you. Fulham will probably thrash more teams but I’m not convinced they can pull results out like this. West Brom can but not sure they have the firepower. If anything I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sheff Utd shoot back up the table over the coming months. It took Norwich a few games to get going last season too.

Gibbs white already having a huge impact on Sheffield Utd so agree they aren’t out of the challenge yet. Time for David brooks to step up for us now like Buendia did for Norwich last season.

Gibbs white already having a huge impact on Sheffield Utd so agree they aren’t out of the challenge yet. Time for David brooks to step up for us now like Buendia did for Norwich last season.
Nobodies out of the challenge yet, we’re eight games in. Well maybe Derby are. Gibbs White is quality, have seen a bit of him over the last couple of years and he’s good enough to be playing Prem imo. Sheff U will certainly start to pick up points now.

Couldn’t resist coming back on to post after today. What a professional performance that was, dare I say it we looked every inch a contender for top 2 today. Not many will see out a win so comfortably at Cardiff.

Hang on a second Waz.

You flounce off the board and what happens ? We go on a fantastic 3 game winning streak and soar to the top of the table in real style.

Coincidence ? Maybe...I'm not so sure.

Put it this way Waz. If we stumble a bit and lose a couple of games, you know who we'll all blame, don't you ?

Nobodies out of the challenge yet, we’re eight games in. Well maybe Derby are. Gibbs White is quality, have seen a bit of him over the last couple of years and he’s good enough to be playing Prem imo. Sheff U will certainly start to pick up points now.

I think hull, forest or Peterborough plus many other clubs have no chance

Yeah, although the championship is very competitive compared to most other leagues, generally the top 6 is populated by sides you'd have expected to see come the end of the season, with usually one more 'leftfield' club disrupting it - like Barnsley last year.

The pool of clubs with top 6 chance is usually around 10 or so.

Yeah, although the championship is very competitive compared to most other leagues, generally the top 6 is populated by sides you'd have expected to see come the end of the season, with usually one more 'leftfield' club disrupting it - like Barnsley last year.

The pool of clubs with top 6 chance is usually around 10 or so.

That’s why I love it. As you say think few would have predicted Barnsley’s rise up the table!

What position we were in, under Groves, when Eddie came back?
Where did we finish that season?
Forest may get O'Driscoll back to play some decent football and go on a run.
Far too early to do anything, other than enjoy our current form and position. If Solanke gets injured, who will do the same work-rate as him?

What position we were in, under Groves, when Eddie came back?
Where did we finish that season?
Forest may get O'Driscoll back to play some decent football and go on a run.
Far too early to do anything, other than enjoy our current form and position. If Solanke gets injured, who will do the same work-rate as him?

The team under groves was seriously under performing for the quality of squad. Even Tommy elphick struggled. Plus we got in the best manager we have ever had.

The team under groves was seriously under performing for the quality of squad. Even Tommy elphick struggled. Plus we got in the best manager we have ever had.

Which is my point. Great squad, poor manager.

It just needs Forest to get a decent manager in, as their squad isn't that bad (even Arter could get a recall) and go on a run of results, to mirror ours.

We were 20th in the 3rd Division when Groves got the sack and but for the idiotic decision to allow the loanee at Brentford to take a last minute penalty v. Doncaster, would have gone up as Champions.

20th to promotion is some turn around in form and that was after 10 matches.
We've played 3 fewer in the season to date.

Get us to the quarter way mark and if we’re still trail blazing then that will be a reasonable garage as to what we can do this season…

However, remember Bristol City were trail blazing for some time last season… look what happened to them…

Gibbs white has transformed them tbf.... fortunately Wolves will do what they did to Swansea last season and recall him in January.

Its all about. ' bottle'. now. and I think with Cahill in there or in the dressing room.. we are on it ! And If Scotty has ' full' control of every single player..it could match the 14-15 Season....even if its in 2nd place...bearing in mind it was the Sheffield guy that won it for us !

Which is my point. Great squad, poor manager.

It just needs Forest to get a decent manager in, as their squad isn't that bad (even Arter could get a recall) and go on a run of results, to mirror ours.

We were 20th in the 3rd Division when Groves got the sack and but for the idiotic decision to allow the loanee at Brentford to take a last minute penalty v. Doncaster, would have gone up as Champions.

20th to promotion is some turn around in form and that was after 10 matches.
We've played 3 fewer in the season to date.[/QUOTE

Arter won't get a recall. Now at Charlton!

;