Thoughts v Boro

Another display of free flowing champagne football. We are truly blessed to be watching this week after week.

My MOTM- Nat Phillips. Purely for the fact that he pretty much picked the ball up in the area and still avoided giving a penalty away. Are referees actually allowed to give penalties against Nat Phillips?
Nat Phillips clean sheet again, same as last match, but you still slag him off.

You must be creaming yourself.

If/when Parker goes I’ll get behind his successor. Hopefully you’ll go with him though! As I’ve said before, even prior to a match there are no words that look like support from you, just your stream of negative piss.

have fun getting off on this latest opportunity.
What are you rambling on about? I call it how I see it and I was right. I said a few games a go that Parker ball doesn’t work against defensive minded five at the back sides, three games now and no goals. Barely a shot either. I’m here to give my opinions, not just be blindly positive for the sake of it. In the ground I will be blindly positive for the sake of it, but not on here. It’s a discussion board you simpleton.

Nat Phillips clean sheet again, same as last match, but you still slag him off.
It was a joke. A joke.
He actually played quite well today aside from that incident. He is very lucky not to have conceded a penalty 2 games in a row now though.

What are you rambling on about? I call it how I see it and I was right. I said a few games a go that Parker ball doesn’t work against defensive minded five at the back sides, three games now and no goals. Barely a shot either. I’m here to give my opinions, not just be blindly positive for the sake of it. In the ground I will be blindly positive for the sake of it, but not on here. It’s a discussion board you simpleton.
Yep and I just opined you’re a negative **************** who can barely muster something encouraging before the game. Is that any simpler for You? X

All right, deep breath ..........

* very valuable point as now 7 ahead of Forest, basically they need 2 wins and a draw to our three losses over 6 games to catch us (which if it did happen would have GD in their favour).
* having watched both matches in quick succession, the entertainment value was massively different. That first game (breakfast special at 7:30 my time) was fun to watch with a good outcome. Our game .... yikes ... at one point in the second half I actually lost track that we were going towards the North Stand.
* I wonder if knowing the outcome of the early game encouraged us to take the foot off the gas .... a draw suddenly is a good outcome in the short term.
* Said I would keep an even keel until Monday evening, and so I will .... starts all over again on Monday.
* Have just seen that Huddersfield-QPR is also on DAZN ... might as well go for the trifecta of watching Championship football.
* Live stream at 3:00 p.m. of Slash and Myles and the Conspirators recent show in Boston. That will perk up the energy levels if nothing else.

See you all Monday.

Yep and I just opined you’re a negative **************** who can barely muster something encouraging before the game. Is that any simpler for You? X
Why do I need to muster something encouraging on here? Sung my fucking heart out at the game when it mattered, despite the shite we had to watch again.

Do you understand that the players aren’t reading this board before the game?

Why do I need to muster something encouraging on here? Sung my fucking heart out at the game when it mattered, despite the shite we had to watch again.

Do you understand that the players aren’t reading this board before the game?
Of course you did.

I don’t care if the players read this board or not, but if they did they’d be thinking what a toothless keyboard warrior.

Team selection was very weird. Rotation in all the wrong places. Why was Cantwell starting on the wing? Why has Leif Davis been banished from the team? The balance was completely off, Kelly’s passing stepped up a notch in terms of being ****, but he and Smith just weren’t on the same page at all which didn’t help. I feel for Laird, he did okay in his first start but we should’ve kept Smith at RB and played Davis or Brady there. What has happened to Stacy, too? Not even on the bench??

Phillips needs dropping for me. Maybe I’m being harsh but he doesn’t improve us at all imo. That’s two games in a row he should’ve cost us with stupid errors. Kelly might be off the boil a bit but his actual defending is rarely below very decent. He and Cahill were the best partnership in the league, Mepham this season has been more than adequate back up and Hill came in to replace Rossi in the squad. Why did we need ANOTHER CB?? Wholly baffling.

We didn’t create anything of real note. But there were a couple of “moments” in the game where Cantwell was kind of through but he fluffed it up. Not nearly enough pace and running in a position where that alone creates chances. He was frankly appalling given his supposed pedigree, should’ve come off at halftime for Anthony or Dembele.

Solanke worked hard and was given nothing. He, Cook and Christie were good. No idea what game you saw to see Christie as non-existent, almost all of our good play came through him from deep imo.

Billing has been underperforming since the Huddersfield game. Our whole game plan seems to collapse when he’s not on it, and currently he’s not on it at all.

Not a lot of good things to say about any of that today. Poor from everyone imo save for a few individual performances. The entire team dynamic was nervy, uncertain, and off. A simple fix would be to play the players in the correct positions. LBs at LB, CAMs at CAM, wingers on the wing.

Another display of free flowing champagne football. We are truly blessed to be watching this week after week.

My MOTM- Nat Phillips. Purely for the fact that he pretty much picked the ball up in the area and still avoided giving a penalty away. Are referees actually allowed to give penalties against Nat Phillips?
My MOM was Bamba. Dom didn't get a look in.

;