Thoughts v Coventry

btw can't understand clubs with these identikit subbuteo grounds that don't have a proper home end just a few yobs in the corner next to the away fans a la scummers and reading
get the fcuk behind one of the goals and make some proper noise throughout like they do in germany
says someone who's own teams home vocal support consists of a thin strip of about 200 blokes congregated near the corner flag :)

It was a great atmosphere. Any posters see themselves in the shot and willing to declare it? it is interesting to put faces to names. I’ll start, the slightly blurred man and boy bottom right is my son and me.

Is that Jordon Ibe up there in the top left corner ? I see Posh Spice is also there, halfway down, just to the right.

First half Coventry were not effective at taking chances, nor at defending, but played well in the middle of the park. They also exploited Smith at left back. Really not his position. It was good to see him get in a cross with his left foot for the first goal. Second half changes were good and credit to SP for making them. Two goal cushion helped give options. At times the swagger in the second half was like the old days and was a good team effort.

Coventry are probably just a couple of smart additions away from being one to watch next season. They're the typical 'just a striker and a centre back' away from it, something many fans can relate to. They were well setup and got into plenty of good positions, but never looked like exploiting them. Just need something extra in both boxes.

Just got back.
I loved the way Lewis Cook went down with an "injury" after 30 minutes and the team all went across to Parker and miraculously we immediately stopped playing it around at the back with Kelly always putting Smith in trouble or finding the opposition.
Great tactics today from Parker. Loved the ole, ole when we passed them to death at 3-0 up.

Coventry are probably just a couple of smart additions away from being one to watch next season. They're the typical 'just a striker and a centre back' away from it, something many fans can relate to. They were well setup and got into plenty of good positions, but never looked like exploiting them. Just need something extra in both boxes.
Kind of get what you’re coming from in that they’re close to being a very good side but I believe they already have that striker, their forward on Saturday was very impressive indeed and we couldn’t live with him in the first half. He was quick and strong and the ball stuck on virtually every occasion, he has 15 goals this season and if it wasn’t for a brilliant Travers save it would be 16. I found myself thinking that if/when we lose Solanke I would love to see this guy in our team.

Kind of get what you’re coming from in that they’re close to being a very good side but I believe they already have that striker, their forward on Saturday was very impressive indeed and we couldn’t live with him in the first half. He was quick and strong and the ball stuck on virtually every occasion, he has 15 goals this season and if it wasn’t for a brilliant Travers save it would be 16. I found myself thinking that if/when we lose Solanke I would love to see this guy in our team.
Pay your debt

Just got back.
I loved the way Lewis Cook went down with an "injury" after 30 minutes and the team all went across to Parker and miraculously we immediately stopped playing it around at the back with Kelly always putting Smith in trouble or finding the opposition.

I noticed that the ref took his time letting Cook back on after his ‘injury’. It seemed to me that he was annoyed by it.

;