Thoughts vs Forest

Surridge is a 3-4 chance goal scorer. That is evident because he missed a good chance that in the PL he is likely to only get 1 of. Moore gave him a lesson in 1 chance, 1 goal makes the difference.

Also you are a dick and I could care less for your post. I hope you took a long time to construct it as I could care less past the first paragraph.

Also when you say “we” who are you talking about dickhead?
You could care less?

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .
Now go and crawl back under that stone you first came from, you twaat. I hope you lose in the lottery, I mean play-offs

Regrettably my 11 month old was sat on my lap when the goal went in and the next thing I was holding him above my head Lion King-style shouting in triumph and my word, he was upset at me. As was my wife.

Not much to add here that hasn't already been said.

Special mention to Chill Phil Bill, I haven't always been his biggest fan, particularly when we went down and during the terrible spell that lead to Tindall's departure, but he's been bang up for it the last two matches and his free kick showed a delightfully devious, deceptive side to him that was hitherto unknown. Being chill isn't always so bad, it turns out.

Moore: a club legend in the space of two matches. You couldn't make it up. Fair play to him.

What a great story for Anthony, Zemura and Travers, they must be on cloud nine right now and well done to Scotty for showing faith in them to do the job. Brilliant stuff.

Yes, we've been well supported by Max and have made full use of the parachute payments but looking at what's happened to other relegated clubs who also share a similar natural level in the scheme of things... it's pretty remarkable to have a seat at the top table once again. This doesn't usually happen.

A lot of work to be done but I have no expectations this time round. If we stay up, I'll be delighted, if not, it's not because we didn't try.

First thoughts, I don't think I was as relaxed as I thought yesterday, only just feeling confident enough to fart without worrying about the consequences : )

Second thoughts, there should be enough money in the club for another season of Riverside Rockets : )

Third thoughts, the crowd were exceptional tonight, backed the lads, so loud getting them over the line in the closing stages. Different to first time " popping our Prem' cherry" but flipping exhilarating none the less : )

Fourthly, it's still difficult to get my around. 20+ years ago we were happy to see us scaping wins against the likes of Orient ad Hartlepools, upset about losing at home to Rochdale ad Port Vale. The feelings involved in wining crucial survival matches against Chester ad Grimsby. Who in the ground on Supa's saviour goal day thought we would see not ONE but TWO promotions to the Premier League : )

5 thly, pity we didn't have time for Motd theme but there's always Saturday : )

Ps. it was really nice of the lady, whoever you are, to come over during the after match celebrations to say how much she liked the 'Rocket video : )

As posted before, I had zero nerves leading upto the game as this group of players step up in the big games. Even with 8 mins added on. Less good at times though against teams like hull and Peterborough!

Big change in approach first half vs second shows this is a young squad who don’t always follow SP’s game plan. So definite opportunity to improve as a group. This scope for improvement has happened over the last few months.

Big credit to SP for his tactics over the last month - made some big decisions and shown more flexibility than he gets acknowledged for. To think some fans wanted him out.

First thoughts, I don't think I was as relaxed as I thought yesterday, only just feeling confident enough to fart without worrying about the consequences : )

Second thoughts, there should be enough money in the club for another season of Riverside Rockets : )

Third thoughts, the crowd were exceptional tonight, backed the lads, so loud getting them over the line in the closing stages. Different to first time " popping our Prem' cherry" but flipping exhilarating none the less : )

Fourthly, it's still difficult to get my around. 20+ years ago we were happy to see us scaping wins against the likes of Orient ad Hartlepools, upset about losing at home to Rochdale ad Port Vale. The feelings involved in wining crucial survival matches against Chester ad Grimsby. Who in the ground on Supa's saviour goal day thought we would see not ONE but TWO promotions to the Premier League : )

5 thly, pity we didn't have time for Motd theme but there's always Saturday : )

Ps. it was really nice of the lady, whoever you are, to come over during the after match celebrations to say how much she liked the 'Rocket video : )
And did I once again see Mr. Table on TV, peeking over the advertising boards in the final minutes of play. Get @table and/or @RobTrent on the tele and Cherries success is assured. Should have their own pre-game broadcast next season.

What a night.

Having my boy there going through all the emotions and not having a clue how to deal with them. Tears before kick off because he was soooo nervous, tears at full time because he was soooo happy. Walking him on to the pitch “I can’t believe my eyes” and him touching the grass and jumping around. Get home, trying to get him to go to bed as he starts kicking a ball around to recreate the goal…

I know this promotion won’t stand on a level pegging for many, but it does for me.

Anyone else struggled to sleep after that?

What a bloody night!!!

Where did the 8 minutes added time come from? Longest 8 minutes of my life, but ultimately based on their 2nd half showing they weren’t going to score.

Moore what a fantastic bit of business, lots of what ifs and buts regarding had he been fit since Jan.

Who cares though. premier league here we come again!!! Hasn’t sunk in properly

First half we were fortunate to still be level if we’re being honest. Surridge should finish that chance and the referee has pretty much said it would have been a penalty if it wasn’t incorrectly given offside.

Second half however we were easily the better team and thoroughly deserved the win, I’d go as far to say that given the quality of opposition that the second half was our best half of the season.

MOTM for me was an easy one. Lloyd Kelly all day long. His distribution has been very erratic this season but tonight he was defensively almost impeccable.

Travers- 7 did what he had to do and wasn’t tested all that much. Kicking was safe and solid.

Smith- 7 poor first half and caught out of position a couple of times. Second half was much better, defensively solid and a bright spark while attacking.

Kelly- 9 best game of the season. Had Johnson in his back pocket. Strength and pace absolutely dominated him.

Phillips- 8 didn’t really put a foot wrong today, very solid. Put his head where it hurts. First few games were shaky but has improved a lot in recent weeks. Still not sure I would sign him for the price Lpool will want.

Zemura- 8 best game in a while and against the best RWB in the league. Great energy and marauding runs, one which led to the free kick. Passing in first half was a bit erratic though.

Cook- 8 ran the show in the second half against two comparative opponents. He really is a joy to watch when he carries the ball in full flight. Also showed great maturity in the defensive side of his game.

Lerma- 7.5 classic Jeff performance. Phenomenal work rate as always. Some good stuff as always, and some sloppy passing too.

Billing- 8 Forest struggled to live with his physicality when he drove at them, both with and without the ball. When he is on it he can really be very good, I just wish he would use this physicality more often and really drive at teams consistently. Tonight we saw the good side of Billing.

Christie- 6 worked hard as always but end product was again lacking. I worry a bit how he will fit into a PL side tbh, maybe as a squad player? Doesn’t really produce enough quality in vital areas even at this level, can’t knock his work rate though.

Anthony- 8 worked hard and linked well with Zemura. Switched sides in the second half and looked a threat on the opposite flank too. Some classy touches and looked very at home in a top end Championship team.

Solanke- 7.5 worked very hard, dropping deep to pick up the ball and also trying to stretch the Forest back line. Only had one decentish chance but certainly played his part.

Moore- 8.5 brilliant again when he game on. What struck me was not his physicality but how mobile he looks and how clever his movement is. They really struggled to live with him. For this level he looks like the complete forward, astonished he’s never played in the PL up to this point.
Waz, there is no coming back from this.

dick head

Wasn't a penalty for me. Surridge had no intention of finishing. He slowed down his run looking for the pen and was already on his way down before the contact. You see them given though, so from that perspective, we were lucky.

But who the f*ck cares... we're going up!
Agree we were lucky, if there’s no offside then for me that’s a pen. But as many others on here have said, we’ve had our fair share of bad decisions against us, so Forest can whinge as much as they like. Swings and roundabouts..

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .
Not having this false modesty after you've been on here on the wind up relentlessly the past 2 weeks acting like a prick and slagging off everything about us with nothing constructive to say. You'll not be missed here, f*** off to the Luton Town forum or maybe even your own one. All that "best form in the league" BS but when you've come up against a decent side with a bit of pressure you crumbled.

Not being at the ground I saw the game on TV.

Was DEFINITELY not a penalty.

He had already lost his balance and Travers feathered him with a touch.
It was right in front of us, heart in mouth, as Travs was a bit naive. Nervously saw the ref make a movement and thought he was about to give it. So relieved it was offside. We would have been screaming for it the other way.

Waz, there is no coming back from this.

dick head
Maybe I wouldn't shout Dick Head, but have to agree with this and others on Waz's reent posts. I've followed this Forum for yonks but only started contributing this year - and Waz, even if your post about not booing the boys (post-Reading??) was a good one and led a proper useful string, you really made an a**e of yourself by gloating over your bet for Forest to go up at our expense. I'd have the humility to shut up and lie low until next season if I were you - call it penance if you like.

Am I chuffed this morning? Is the Pope Catholic?

(both yes BTW) Wish Nonny could have seen this.

UTCIAD!

First half we were fortunate to still be level if we’re being honest. Surridge should finish that chance and the referee has pretty much said it would have been a penalty if it wasn’t incorrectly given offside.

Second half however we were easily the better team and thoroughly deserved the win, I’d go as far to say that given the quality of opposition that the second half was our best half of the season.

MOTM for me was an easy one. Lloyd Kelly all day long. His distribution has been very erratic this season but tonight he was defensively almost impeccable.

Travers- 7 did what he had to do and wasn’t tested all that much. Kicking was safe and solid.

Smith- 7 poor first half and caught out of position a couple of times. Second half was much better, defensively solid and a bright spark while attacking.

Kelly- 9 best game of the season. Had Johnson in his back pocket. Strength and pace absolutely dominated him.

Phillips- 8 didn’t really put a foot wrong today, very solid. Put his head where it hurts. First few games were shaky but has improved a lot in recent weeks. Still not sure I would sign him for the price Lpool will want.

Zemura- 8 best game in a while and against the best RWB in the league. Great energy and marauding runs, one which led to the free kick. Passing in first half was a bit erratic though.

Cook- 8 ran the show in the second half against two comparative opponents. He really is a joy to watch when he carries the ball in full flight. Also showed great maturity in the defensive side of his game.

Lerma- 7.5 classic Jeff performance. Phenomenal work rate as always. Some good stuff as always, and some sloppy passing too.

Billing- 8 Forest struggled to live with his physicality when he drove at them, both with and without the ball. When he is on it he can really be very good, I just wish he would use this physicality more often and really drive at teams consistently. Tonight we saw the good side of Billing.

Christie- 6 worked hard as always but end product was again lacking. I worry a bit how he will fit into a PL side tbh, maybe as a squad player? Doesn’t really produce enough quality in vital areas even at this level, can’t knock his work rate though.

Anthony- 8 worked hard and linked well with Zemura. Switched sides in the second half and looked a threat on the opposite flank too. Some classy touches and looked very at home in a top end Championship team.

Solanke- 7.5 worked very hard, dropping deep to pick up the ball and also trying to stretch the Forest back line. Only had one decentish chance but certainly played his part.

Moore- 8.5 brilliant again when he game on. What struck me was not his physicality but how mobile he looks and how clever his movement is. They really struggled to live with him. For this level he looks like the complete forward, astonished he’s never played in the PL up to this point.
Agree with most of this, although Lewis MotM for me, he was simply brilliant again.

I also said at h/t that I felt that Forest had shaded it, although even still felt about right.

Second half, the team were brilliant from the off. Simply blew Forest away, and with a bit more composure on final ball, would have won more convincingly.

The goal (and timing of it) was a thing of beauty.

We have been very fortunate to witness the last decade or so, including memorable promotions and significant PL home wins. However, I can honestly say I have never seen the ground like that. Well before the goal the atmosphere was simply unbelievable. The noise we were making in the Ted Mc alone, drowned out the Forest fans from start to finish. To see all 4 sides of the ground bouncing consistently through the 2nd half, was a memory I will cherish from last night. I don't think we have ever been louder.

Footnote a fab rendition of song for Nonny seemed so so appropriate.

That one was for you my friend.

;