Ticket office today 16th April

TCherry

First Team
I brought a ticket for the Fulham match a few weeks ago (concessions, South Stand, fairly low down but a ticket for the match, so fine).
My son who lives away, coming home this weekend. I thought I'd get the ticket upgraded to a full priced one so he could go in my place.
I went to the ticket office today to upgrade, expecting to pay the extra and probably a handling charge as well.
The conversation went like this.
Ticket Office: Oh, it's not a season ticket is it (Me thinking, no, it's an ordinary paper ticket - ST's are like credit cards, don't you know that yet?).
Ticket Office: We can't upgrade those.
Me: Are you sure?
Ticket Office: Checked with his supervisor, can we? No.
Me: Are you sure?
Ticket Office: Same reply.

Just walked away shaking my head as they just aren't or weren't prepared to upgrade. I have found them helpful many times but not today unfortunately.

I half expected them to refuse to upgrade as my son doesn't have any points. He lives away and only when he gives me a lot of notice will I then get a full priced ticket when they come up for sale.

It was reasonably easy to get tickets in L2, L1 and the Championship. It was only when we were promoted to the PL that it became extremely difficult to get that first point and hence get a ticket online for our small stadium.

Whilst I feel better for having a moan about the TO and I realise that my son needs to give me plenty of notice if he wants to go to a match (he's seen one match at Dean Court this season). It is disappointing that the TO can't do an upgrade in these circumstances. Especially when you see many empty seats around you during each home match.

Anyway, rant over..

That sounds crazy as you could get a refund up to half an hour before ko so why can't you upgrade the ticket to someone else.

Not every week are the turnstiles policed inside the ground to check when the yellow concession light comes on at the turnstile that the ticket holder looks young or over 65.

Half of me sees where the club are coming from, although we wait with baited breathe for the explanation, and the other half continues to be amazed that such due diligence is given to relatively small matters yet the bigger picture continues to be a shambles.

The thread about the Palace tickets and the trickle supply, yet again. The other clubs say in this order etc. Do they really? If we get an allocation put the lot on sale on the same day (points make poor choices). The security checking queues, kids not getting in on time for Internationals or cup games etc. We all know the script and the lack of progress or changes other than its our fault.

Its about time the off field operation emerged from Div 2, when we had sympathy because of no resources, to the small army there is now hardly Premiership quality of service. Own the problem AFCB Eddie can't do everything.

Well, I had a quick and polite response from Liz. She was fine. It was along the lines of, 'we have 7314 supporters with a home point tally greater than my son (he has zero points). The TO needs to be fair and consistent to our wider fan base'.

All fair enough, I did though point out that the TO didn't even ask how many points my son had.

I also pointed out that if there are 7314 fans with home points and I understand that there are 7000 season ticket holders and 1800 seats for away fans then we need a stadium of at least 16,000 to satisfy the demand for tickets.

Anyway I tried and it did no harm, I think. :)

;