Time to announce preseason training camp/tour?

Silent AFCB - 18/5/2017 08:31

AlGard - 26/4/2017 11:43

France is the way ahead. Friendlies against Rennes, Bordeaux, and Montpellier.
A trip down the west coast, and in to the Med.
Plenty of culture en route.

And if they do you'll get to show off your cooking skills when we all crash at yours!

Not a problem.
What do you prefer, dry roast or ready salted? :hihi:

wild_goose - 18/5/2017 10:35

Bash, Dorch, Hamworthy, L&NM. Now those were the days.

You must be a jcl - real fans know the preseason always started at Downton. :grin:

The game was to drink twice the number of goals we scored in pints over the day. I vaguely remember it getting very messy one year after we scored nine or somesuch and everyone missed the last train back from Salisbury. :eyes:

Might be nice if we could send a side to Hereford FC, they're climbing back through the leagues having eventually had to restart, and Puuuuuugghhhhhhh

GARYafCb - 25/4/2017 17:53

Did ask at the last forum for good notice of any foreign preseason games for those who fancy going.
It was minuted and Liz Finney said she would pass on the request.
Whether we get that notice remains to be seen.

Oh well, that was a waste of my time then!
Some things never change.

Grumpy G - 18/5/2017 12:10

wild_goose - 18/5/2017 10:35

Bash, Dorch, Hamworthy, L&NM. Now those were the days.

You must be a jcl - real fans know the preseason always started at Downton. :grin:

The game was to drink twice the number of goals we scored in pints over the day. I vaguely remember it getting very messy one year after we scored nine or somesuch and everyone missed the last train back from Salisbury. :eyes:

That's easily done as it's about 10-30pm.

This is really disappointing. I and plenty of people I know have held off on booking summer holidays in the hope that we can follow AFCB in Europe again. It's getting to the stage for some that they'll either have to book something or risk not having a holiday. In previous years we knew that AFCB would play somewhere in Europe in July so you had a fighting chance of booking something and getting the time off. Last year many of us waited and waited as long as we could before having to plump for some expensive last minute holiday when it became clear that there was going to be no Eurotrip... only there was - they just didn't bother to tell the fans until it leaked out three days before the game.

I've got loads of grief on here before for daring to suggest that the club should make it a priority to let fans know where they are going pre season. I accept that it's a minority of fans that want to go to these games but surely they should make some sort of effort to keep us in the loop.

It's out of order if you ask me.

SlowDownDerek - 19/5/2017 01:58

This is really disappointing. I and plenty of people I know have held off on booking summer holidays in the hope that we can follow AFCB in Europe again. It's getting to the stage for some that they'll either have to book something or risk not having a holiday. In previous years we knew that AFCB would play somewhere in Europe in July so you had a fighting chance of booking something and getting the time off. Last year many of us waited and waited as long as we could before having to plump for some expensive last minute holiday when it became clear that there was going to be no Eurotrip... only there was - they just didn't bother to tell the fans until it leaked out three days before the game.

I've got loads of grief on here before for daring to suggest that the club should make it a priority to let fans know where they are going pre season. I accept that it's a minority of fans that want to go to these games but surely they should make some sort of effort to keep us in the loop.

Agree. Was hoping for earlier news this time around. Maybe though the club isn't a first choice selection for clubs to host so we are dependent on other fixtures being arranged first? Hopefully though we would be an attractive side for clubs to travel to for a friendly?

I do have sympathy with those who want to see AFCB play their friendlies, wherever they be but do you think the club deliberately with hold the information? I think some of it is down to Eddie and his meticulous planning. : )

table - 19/5/2017 08:54

I do have sympathy with those who want to see AFCB play their friendlies, wherever they be but do you think the club deliberately with hold the information? I think some of it is down to Eddie and his meticulous planning. : )

You wouldn't have thought they do it deliberately but they haven't exactly made it easy for fans. I'm sure they weren't impressed by the fighting at Zurich a few years back so who knows.

canadiancherry - 18/5/2017 11:29
Oh no, no, it's going to be Canada.
A friendly v Toronto FC would be nice.

You're very much mistaken Sir.

This years very sensible pre-season prep will/should include games at Walsall, Villa, Birmingham City, Stourbridge and Solihull Moors.

SlowDownDerek - 19/5/2017 01:58

Totally agree and I don't do pre-season friendlies!

If you look at nearly every other top flight team their pre-season fixtures are already published so their fans can make arrangements.

As usual with us, brilliant on the pitch, absolute tinpot rubbish off it.

SlowDownDerek - 19/5/2017 10:23

You wouldn't have thought they do it deliberately but they haven't exactly made it easy for fans. I'm sure they weren't impressed by the fighting at Zurich a few years back so who knows.

I made the same comment earlier on this thread. After trouble at the Euros in France and at Villa French friendly, I am sure they didnt want big turnaount at Angers. USA would be different though

GARYafCb - 18/5/2017 20:41

GARYafCb - 25/4/2017 17:53

Did ask at the last forum for good notice of any foreign preseason games for those who fancy going.
It was minuted and Liz Finney said she would pass on the request.
Whether we get that notice remains to be seen.

Oh well, that was a waste of my time then!
Some things never change.
why doesn't the Cherries Trust ask Liz what's happening...........
Its not rocket science, send her an email or pick up the phone, how hard is that?

Played Hoffenheim since which was advertised and took place without incident

canadiancherry - 18/5/2017 06:29

Oh no, no, it's going to be Canada.
A friendly v Toronto FC would be nice.
If (big if) they choose North America again Toronto is a possibility as they haven't announced their summer friendly. Neither have Chicago which is where they were based last year.

There are still several other MLS teams that have not announced and the break for the gold cup from July 7-18 is a perfect time :)

Nak Muay - 19/5/2017 15:40

Played Hoffenheim since which was advertised and took place without incident

No trouble at Saint Nazaire either despite plenty of Nantes wronguns turning up looking for it as they seemed to do vs Villa the following year. We're not exactly Millwall are we.

;