To my mate, anyone can add to this

Red_till_im_ded

Fans' Favourite
After an incredibly difficult 18 months to fathom and deal with for many people, this tournament and England's success so far has brought out nation together and given joy to many. Tonight's final is for many many people a unique experience but unfortunately there are 2 of my great friends who won't be here to experience it. I hope they're watching from ' up there' and cheering the lads on. Whilst cheering England myself tonight I'll be giving a thought to my mates Stu and Roy. Wish you were here.
I'm sure there are others in this position. So get behind the lads and C' Mon England.

Its been strange not watching the England games with a few beers at my late brother in law Baz's place.
Since the early 80's we always were a bit pissed and almost always disappointed by the match, but it was tradition.
As were the torn up betting slips.

Can't believe we may finally win something and he'll miss it.

To my Dad, gone 6 years, he was with us getting to the Premier league and I sure he is watching tonight. It would have meant the world to him.

My grandad. Passed nearly a fortnight ago. He watched us win the World Cup, all the way up to the Euros this year. Shame he wasn't here to watch the final - he would have been astonished!

Not a Cherries fan, but watched us occasionally in our Premier League years as we were an exciting team.

Hope you're snoring away up there!

Last edited:
My younger half-brother Peter who died of cancer aged 57 on 4th Jul 2016. He was the one who set up the Noel Edmonds blow up the pitch bit on the TV. He saw a year of us in the EPL but was too ill to attend matches. I expect you're up there eagerly waiting for next season. Love you Bro.

My dad passed away in feb this year. From
Charlton, south London, so used to go to a lot of the England games post war. Would have been thrilled by the England run and especially the class act Gareth Southgate is. Would have admired his leadership.

(He moved the family to Bmth in 1967 hence why I am a Cherry and my early games were with him)

Very unwell in his final years but his face always lit up when talking afcb and any big football news.

I still believe the club could have some kind of memorial garden, although I don’t know about the practicalities of dong so.

The sort of thing that fans could be allowed to do back in the 'old days'.

Nowadays it would require a sub Comittee, risk assessment, authorised contractors to do the work and probably Football League approval.

If anything ever comes of this idea, I'm happy to give it 100% of my time and enthusiasm. Would be great if the club could find a few square yards somewhere and a hassle free route for fan involvement.

As for where?

I'd suggest the centre circle........................

My neighbour Graham Manners who died over the weekend. Graham was a long time season ticket holder (supporter# 2702 or something!) in the main stand, row P, former VP, shareholder, had some hand in drawing up plans for a potential new stadium back in the day.... His last match was with us for the Brentford play off semi so he went out with a win. He endured the bad times and enjoyed the good times. He died on Saturday and so only saw one England final in his life and I heard somewhere that they might have won that one.

edit to add: He also lived in Ted McDougall's old house so he has a decent claim to having the original Ted Shed (actually a Mediterranean style garden bar which is still standing!)

;