Tom Heaton

Tinpot Club

Star Player
Just rejected a new contract at Burnley with us and Villa apparently interested. One year left on his deal and at 33, the fee shouldn’t be too extortionate.

I’d like to see this happen just to see the fume from Dyche!

Given that we need to give Travers and Ramsdale a reason to think they can be no.1 in a season or two at most, it makes more sense to go for the latter end of the career stage with any additional keeper.

What is the point of those two young lads staying here if we drop 8 figures on an early-mid 20s international keeper, for arguments sake.

Last edited:
Given that we need to give Travers and Ramsdale a reason to think they can be no.1 in a season or two at most, it makes more sense to go for the latter end of the career stage with any additional keeper.

What is the point of those two young lads staying here if we drop 8 figures on an early-mid 20s international keeper, for arguments sake.
Maybe Pope knew this was coming and that's why he signed his new contract.

If we are to go for a keeper, the only option to me which makes sense is BUTLAND.
He's 26, not even at his peak yet.

Stoke have signed another keeper so can't see Asmir going there in part of a deal for that.

We would need to move him on in order to get another keeper first.

If we are to go for a keeper, the only option to me which makes sense is BUTLAND.
He's 26, not even at his peak yet.
The consideration is do we think Travers or Ramsdale will be better than Butland in the future.

If so it comes down to who is better value for money for 2 or 3 years. Personally I think Heaton is a better keeper and probably a cheaper deal too.

That's just ridiculous! You know Eddie always looks for youth with the possibility of improvement. With all our Welsh connections young Neville Southall - a sprightly 61 - must be on our radar.
Agree with this - also bring back Willo to stand beside him and that would be the defence sorted so we could just concentrate on attacking with the other nine players.

If you read Twitter.....any keeper even vaguely being talked about....is a target for either us or Villa!

;