Tommy Elphick

Wow. That's a surprise. Franno still here in a recruitment role and now Tommy back as a coach. Nice to have some of the legends still involved in our new era.

Congratulations due once again to the board for finding a position for Tommy. You know he will always be AFCB through and through and will always give his all to the job. :clap: I hope it works out well for both parties, he deserves the opportunity.
Keeps that connection going, great move.

I wonder if Tommy will teach the players how to tap the goalpost pre-match.

It must have been on the cards for years or else his mural on that shop wall would have been removed :whistle:

Like Fletch and Franno he will form part of the backroom core of AFCB. Hopefully for years to come. You need that in the modern era where there are far too many badge kissing nomads. They won't set the playing style, they won't make first team selections but they will bring the true sense of what being part of the AFCB project is about. I admit to being impressed with loyalty and core beliefs when it comes to my team, and see this as a great development.

There's something about maintaining the DNA of the club. People who know and value the history. Fletch, Franno and Oh Tommy Tommy know it well. All for one and one for all.

That's the key to any successful team. Eddie managed it well for many years. Let's hope SP and his team are successful in doing the same.

The guys a natural leader and must be showing some ability as a coach for us to recruit him. Hopefully he can really grow with us.

Doubt anyones aggrieved to see him brought back into the club in a coaching capacity.

Seems a sound bloke, really pleased to have him back at the club again.

Tommy Elphick always walks past me in the East Stand and doesn't get the heroes welcome he deserves (probably a good thing not to be bothered for selfies etc). Now he is part of the coaching team I wonder if he could get on the pitch before the game and do his goalpost ritual for good luck during this final run in.

Tommy Elphick always walks past me in the East Stand and doesn't get the heroes welcome he deserves (probably a good thing not to be bothered for selfies etc). Now he is part of the coaching team I wonder if he could get on the pitch before the game and do his goalpost ritual for good luck during this final run in.
Perhaps he could wear his kit too, and go the whole 'John Terry' :)

Elphick was a collosus for us.

Cook, Pugh, Daniel's, Boruc, RItchie et al.

Warriors.

All in the past 5 years.

;