Tony Scott - RIP

It was oh so simple. Tony Scott scampering down the wing shorts hitched up almost to his waist cross the ball onto Ted's head and into the back of the net.

Sweet memories RIP.

RIP Tony Scott......it was a privilege in my early supporting AFCB days to see you play with such skills and especially all the assists for Ted and Phil

Sad news indeed

Great winger, part of the team which transformed this club, crowd from 5-6k to 18k+, the buzz of excitement when the ball was swept wide to Tony, and we all waited for the cross which was about to come in, inside of the boot or outside, you know it was Ted bound.......................happy days indeed, RIP Tony

The first ever game I saw at AFCB had Tony Scott in the team. It was the promotion season with Bond as manager, out of the old 4th division. I am not sure who we were playing, I think it was Oldham and we won 4-0. I mean no disrespect on this sad day but my brother, who was at the match, said 'He's got skinnier legs than you' and he was right but Tony, to my eyes, was brilliant with a ball and I remember Oldham(?) on the day, pressing and pressing and then we popped up at the other end and scored a goal. Ah my youth, it was a beautiful May day, the sun was shining, the boards in the main stand were being stamped on by a thousand feet and we won. It started my lover affair with AFCB that has been going to this day. Thank you Tony and may you keep the crosses going ... I won't forget them, ever.

As said above the ability to use any part of his foot to cross made him so accurate, it was exciting to watch. Will never forget the Ted/Tony goal vs Villa. RIP Tony, just wish there were more like you.

Didn’t last long at afcb after that 71/72 season - was that due to injury or age when we signed him? Think Harry signed for 72/73

Didn’t last long at afcb after that 71/72 season - was that due to injury or age when we signed him? Think Harry signed for 72/73

Tony was the player who gave it to Ted. His outside of the foot, curling crosses were a work of art in those days. Not the biggest or strongest of players, he was first on the list of most opponents for some special, early treatment. He really took a lot of fearful tackles and I think they took their toll.

My favourite memory was from a pre-season friendly against Southampton. Scotty had the ball at his feet on the wing. Saints centre-back John McGrath (of the huge thighs and shorts pulled up to wedgie height) comes thundering out to slide-tackle, Scotty dances to one side with the ball, and McGrath goes on sliding straight into the fence. Still makes me laugh.

;