Training ground

Lived local to it for most of my life, and I can count on one hand, the amount of times I've been in there.

The doorway is unwelcoming to anyone over 6 feet tall.
Had a similar thing with The Horse and Jockey. Lived near for around 40 years in the first 30 or so years went in around half a dozen times. The last 7 or 8 until it shut it became our local after vacating the Broadway. Hitting
Although I was abroad For some of this time.

Used to live close to the Double Six pub in Turlin Moor. The doorway was unwelcoming to anyone one who didnt live within a two minute radius.
I know of somebody who went in their in full punk gear - mohawk, studded leather, bondage trousers.

The landlord served him, and said "fair play for coming in here dressed like that - but if you ever do again I shall kick the **************** out of you!".

Had a similar thing with The Horse and Jockey. Lived near for around 40 years in the first 30 or so years went in around half a dozen times. The last 7 or 8 until it shut it became our local after vacating the Broadway. Hitting
Although I was abroad For some of this time.
Went in there once to play pool and some miserable old fart spent the entire evening complaining about young people in his pub. To be fair I was 16.

;