Training ground

paul49 - 14/8/2017 15:27

This is excellent news as AFCB seek CAT 1/ CAT 2 academy status. It was a tragedy for the members that the owners of Canford Magna Golf Club closed it down to try and get planning permission for gravel extraction. It was an excellent 27 hole golf complex and practice facility.

Will be interesting to see the Poole Planners verdict on AFCB plans as houses are what they are after regardless of local residents objections.

Light industrial and housing recently approved for land opposite despite local residents objections so this will also impact on the Knighton traffic lights junction. But Poole Planning Dept don't seem to bother that the road infrastructure of Ringwood Road Bear Cross Roundabout and Magna Road struggles to cope with existing traffic levels.

Unfortunately for Poole planners, they don't own the site so what they would prefer to see there is largely irrelevant.

Question for those who might know.

Do we have to go from cat 3 academy status to cat 2 before we can apply for cat 1 ? Or could we apply for cat 1 status from our current cat 3 status ?

Plans look fantastic and very exciting and provide the answer to one of the missing pieces of the jigsaw regarding the new stadium.

One of the paragraphs from the statement goes to show how confident they are that the stadium plans will get accepted.

"Our existing training site has served the club very well but WILL be developed on to accommodate our ;plans for the future".

That kind of sounds like there is zero doubt about it.

I've read in the past that these categories are a moving feast, and as soon as clubs catch up they change the rules.

Should be disappointing news for Infrastructure FC fans who keep saying that Maxim won't be in it for the long run. Hopefully this 'statement of intent' suggests otherwise.

Really impressive plans. 10 full size pitches?! I'm not bothered what they do really, but do we definitely need 10 full size pitches? We're talking Hackney Marshes numbers here!

simonhpieman - 14/8/2017 16:27

Really impressive plans. 10 full size pitches?! I'm not bothered what they do really, but do we definitely need 10 full size pitches? We're talking Hackney Marshes numbers here!

YES

kept that quiet didn't they. If I lived near there I would far prefer that to housing development.
I have a feeling that the plans for the new stadium are pretty much already agreed and will go through pretty quickly once announced. I reckon the behind the scenes work has been enormous. Looks like Max and the Yanks really are in it for the long haul.

simonhpieman - 14/8/2017 19:27

Chelsea have 30! 3 with under ground heating and 6 to PL standard.

Have a read of the Facilities there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobham_Training_Centre#Facilities

I expect we'll have all the same sort of stuff. All very exciting times at AFCB.

redharry - 14/8/2017 16:46

kept that quiet didn't they. If I lived near there I would far prefer that to housing development.
I have a feeling that the plans for the new stadium are pretty much already agreed and will go through pretty quickly once announced. I reckon the behind the scenes work has been enormous. Looks like Max and the Yanks really are in it for the long haul.

Exactly this. I think we will find both sets of plans will get approval very quickly and without too much fuss once submitted.

It almost certainly means that Eddie isn't going anywhere any time soon as long as he sees the ambition and progress being made off the pitch to match that being made on the pitch..

Also remember UEL (?) mentioning how Max was in it for the long haul and wanted to leave a legacy in terms of the stadium etc - looks like he will.

Oh Harry......how I wish I had your faith

tedisking - 14/8/2017 17:31

Oh Harry......how I wish I had your faith

were you as pessimistic when they said they would build a new DC 15 years ago?

I never thought that would happen but it did.

when you get a drink ask for a glass half full not half empty!!!!!! :hihi:

Did I miss something did we know we bought canford magna golf course? If that had got out everyone would have assumed that's where the stadium was going!

Ken Baileys Ghost - 14/8/2017 17:52

pah!

Looks just like posh Duck Lane to me.

what did I say in the car on Saturday. we will buy somewhere like Canford and shift the whole complex out there. Good guess eh!

"Once the club’s planning application has been approved, work will begin immediately by the contractor, Seven Developments" The club's spokesperson continued "The intention is for the main feature of this project to be a state-of-the-art car park"

;