Training ground

Dude, my mother's Sicilian, and my father was born in Rhodesia to Indian parents

If I stood next to JT even I'd look an albino, next to him almost anyone looks like they could get sunburnt at night

Last edited:
Another club going to build a new training ground on a golf course, but will include a 9 hole golf course in their plans.

Incredible designs for Leicester City's new state-of-the-art training complex have been released.

An artist's impression of the £80million development show in detail City's plans to build one of the leading training grounds in the country.

City have filed a planning application to Charnwood Borough Council to begin development on the 180-acre site at Park Hill Golf Club, Seagrave, with images from architects KSS Group showing how the finished build may look.

The designs show the training centre, 14 pitches, including an indoor facility, and a nine-hole golf course.

Earlier this year it was announced that City had purchased the land at Park Hill as they planned to leave their Belvoir Drive training ground, where they have been based since 1963, and move out of the city.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...y/leicester-citys-new-training-ground-1719873

I wonder if Leicester will sell their old training complex to developers. Another thing that hampers us financially.

So they have basically changed everything structure and car park wise.

I can't imagine the council simply rolling over and agreeing it in a hurry, the Main Pavilion looks bloody impressive but now resembles an airport departure lounge.

Last edited:
As far as I can see from flicking through the documents the most significant difference in football terms is that the indoor pitch is now full size rather than three quarter size. The earlier plan suggested that the indoor pitch was essentially oriented towards the academy, it now seems to be at the heart of the first team’s facilities as well.

So they have basically changed everything structure and car park wise.

I can't imagine the council simply rolling over and agreeing it in a hurry, the Main Pavilion looks bloody impressive but now resembles an airport departure lounge.

The new BCP council appear to be reviewing and cancelling all sorts of planning projects at the moment as well.

The new BCP council appear to be reviewing and cancelling all sorts of planning projects at the moment as well.
As this is an amendment to an existing approved plan surely the worst that can happen is the amendments don't get accepted.

As this is an amendment to an existing approved plan surely the worst that can happen is the amendments don't get accepted.
I live fairly close and have just received my Nimby letter from Growth and Infrastructure-planning services. Can't really believe that anyone who lives around here would have a problem with this but just know that there'll be the usual " why can't they build it in Bournemouth " comments.

But the worst thing that can happen is new plans have too be submitted, and to me anyway,it's the time factor that it all takes......we were promised the starting of the works were " imminent " ,think that was last November, have to say imo if these plans fail , it could be ages before we see a start to the new facilities. .....and who knows where the club will be In the future

Edit.....sorry too sound all doom and gloom.......but we've sort of been here before over the years .

I would hope that, whoever is managing this project (internally at the club and/or externally), has had the sense to liaise with BCP on the way through so that any potential risks associated with the changes have been mitigated before the submission reaches planning review by the Council.

I live fairly close and have just received my Nimby letter from Growth and Infrastructure-planning services. Can't really believe that anyone who lives around here would have a problem with this but just know that there'll be the usual " why can't they build it in Bournemouth " comments.

If I was a nimby round there I'd prefer a private sports complex with limited traffic movements to literally any of the likely alternatives.

Already some large scale housing developments started and planned for that area so as Bitzer says a discreet development like the training complex with relatively minor traffic movement hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
Objections have to be based on something tangible though not just 'I dont like it' so again, hopefully, there wont be any hiccups.
One thing that worries me in the clubs statement is the 'phased development' - probably being a doom and gloom merchant but will we get - dig a hole this year, dig another the next then maybe a fence or two after that and it'll take forever to finish

;