Training ground

I bet everyone who objected is over 65. its a known fact older people don't like change. They would rather we still used cash so they can go to the post office for a chat.

Anyone who is objecting based on supposed extra traffic....is obviously not understanding what is being proposed here....and thinks it's an actual stadium. As RedHarry says....it will have been much busier when it was a golf course.

Anyone who is objecting based on supposed extra traffic....is obviously not understanding what is being proposed here....and thinks it's an actual stadium. As RedHarry says....it will have been much busier when it was a golf course.
More to the point, any "extra" traffic 4 weekdays a week at times when most people are at work. And no traffic on Saturdays, no noisy golf club functions or events on Saturday nights...

Oh well. People.

I bet everyone who objected is over 65. its a known fact older people don't like change. They would rather we still used cash so they can go to the post office for a chat.
I'm not old yet, but I've discovered there are legitimate reasons older people are so fussy about their neighbourhoods, first of which is that they're actually home during the days so stuff that wouldn't bother someone who's at work has a big impact on them.

I think folk are missing the point here - this is not a new application, its a variation and objections that failed before will not succeed now. The fundamental issue is simply does one larger building incorporating an indoor pitch, rather than tow separate structures become a 'game changer' under planning regs. The main issue will be the increase in size of the indoor pitch and hence the overall built 'footprint'. I expect this to go through 'on he nod' - perhaps with the Club making an increased contribution towards environmental improvements int the area.
This can still go ahead of course using the existing permission with the old scheme anyway.
What should surprise me but doesn't - is that we do not appear to have done any meaningful work on site at all. We already have permission to put up a proper fence and level the site and could have this already underway, saving time later and saving money on the Heras fencing rental.
With regard to specific issues - there will be a large set of trees used to screen the site from rival Managers - I believe this will be referred to as 'Bielsa Wood' - I just hope its substantial enough to do the job. There will be another small plantation adjacent to Canford School which will be a Copse called 'Toff trees' these will take the form of an apple orchard - hence Toff trees (apple) on the new plans.The final revision is that the access to the site has had to be increased in height to accommodate one of our new signings - designated as 'Billings Gate' on plan 4 page 2 :)

I think folk are missing the point here - this is not a new application, its a variation and objections that failed before will not succeed now. The fundamental issue is simply does one larger building incorporating an indoor pitch, rather than tow separate structures become a 'game changer' under planning regs. The main issue will be the increase in size of the indoor pitch and hence the overall built 'footprint'. I expect this to go through 'on he nod' - perhaps with the Club making an increased contribution towards environmental improvements int the area.
This can still go ahead of course using the existing permission with the old scheme anyway.
What should surprise me but doesn't - is that we do not appear to have done any meaningful work on site at all. We already have permission to put up a proper fence and level the site and could have this already underway, saving time later and saving money on the Heras fencing rental.
With regard to specific issues - there will be a large set of trees used to screen the site from rival Managers - I believe this will be referred to as 'Bielsa Wood' - I just hope its substantial enough to do the job. There will be another small plantation adjacent to Canford School which will be a Copse called 'Toff trees' these will take the form of an apple orchard - hence Toff trees (apple) on the new plans.The final revision is that the access to the site has had to be increased in height to accommodate one of our new signings - designated as 'Billings Gate' on plan 4 page 2 :)
you are absolutely right re it not being a new application etc. I also expect this to be nodded through.

Wasn't Kon Tiki built out of Bielsa Wood?

What should surprise me but doesn't - is that we do not appear to have done any meaningful work on site at all.

They have recently demolished the old club house / buildings and appear to be doing some large scale earth works. There is a new park next door that gives the public a decent view.

They have recently demolished the old club house / buildings and appear to be doing some large scale earth works. There is a new park next door that gives the public a decent view.
I'm glad of the update Redhouse and happy to stand corrected. Perhaps we need a 'drone' spy like the guy who has charted the progress of the new Brentford Stadium. I don't think a paper airplane will take my 'box brownie' on a fly by :)

Looks like if you are a former Councillor you get to object twice.
Guess she has time on her hands now.

When would we expect to hear about the amendments have, hopefully, been waved through.

I guess the local residents objecting are probably hoping they can object every development away and nothing ends up there. That's not going to happen in the real world.

About the only objection that would have made sense would be concern for local pedestrians if a certain furnituresque member of the coaching staff was practising long range shots.

;