Training ground

Well, well! That is very good news. Dare we hope for something on expansion of DC??

Expansion unlikely, it's potentially a step towards building a new stadium on the site of the athletics track/ across the existing training pitches. Have a watch of the BOTN YouTube video, it's excellent and explains everything well, even for idiots like me.

I've been and still am a huge advocate for an open line of comms on the club's plans for infrastructure, but I do also appreciate that there are so many complicated parts to our 'off-field' situation... First and foremost there is DC and the fact we don't own it, so potentially lots of mind games and 'not wanting to put our cards out in the public domain' for this. Then there is relegation... We know we will again be relegated at some point, be that after 1, 2, 3 or 4 seasons... This obviously impacts a lot of decisions Re spending etc.

Reading between the lines tho, this is definitely great news a signal of the club's intent to start our 'off-field' programme... I just hope that, as has been mentioned, this is the first of many steps that will culminate in the actual stadium situation... It will be a long time coming tho, if at all...

I can't help but think that there should be some kind of collaboration between the football club and the university with things like this?

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...g-football-pitch-plan-bournemouth-university/
Some of the main Uni big bods were at the Forest and Millwall games enjoying Mostyn's hospitality. The uni is a prominent sponsor of the football club. Yes surely it's not beyond the powers that be to collaborate on things like this, it would seem obvious.

Some of the main Uni big bods were at the Forest and Millwall games enjoying Mostyn's hospitality. The uni is a prominent sponsor of the football club. Yes surely it's not beyond the powers that be to collaborate on things like this, it would seem obvious.

Strong links with the community sports trust, everything seems to be in place other than logic?

Strong links with the community sports trust, everything seems to be in place other than logic?
The community sports trust run pretty separate and they have already set up base over in Ringwood that was a great move on their behalf. Our young academy lads will be without a 3G to train on when the clocks go back in September until the new facility is built so i am guessing the Uni might be able to help?

The community sports trust run pretty separate and they have already set up base over in Ringwood that was a great move on their behalf. Our young academy lads will be without a 3G to train on when the clocks go back in September until the new facility is built so i am guessing the Uni might be able to help?
Are the clocks going back in September?

I have no idea if there is work going on but my wife said there were some diggers and machinery over there today when she walked the dog.

Don't the Academy use the floodlit all weather pitches at The Paddocks Canford. Wimborne Town's new facility, Slades Farm and Brockenhurst College?

Don't the Academy use the floodlit all weather pitches at The Paddocks Canford. Wimborne Town's new facility, Slades Farm and Brockenhurst College?

;