Training ground

I can't see how 10m would cover the purchase of land and the build of 6k stadium but will be interesting where they break ground
I think there were some heavy caveats in there regarding 'support from the council'.

Realistically ti probably means they want to be gifted some land, given the planning permission and loaned the money at a cheap rate.

Incidentally, does anyone know how much Wimborne Town's spanking new ground cost?

I think there were some heavy caveats in there regarding 'support from the council'.

Realistically ti probably means they want to be gifted some land, given the planning permission and loaned the money at a cheap rate.

Incidentally, does anyone know how much Wimborne Town's spanking new ground cost?
Not sure re Wimborne as it was built as part of a deal with the house building co and the council when they sold their old ground as part of the new housing development.

Only a rumour but someone on FB heard the area being mooted is Creekmoor Park and Ride.
As said above,Poole Town has a history of failure to move to a new ground.
I live near Branksome Rec and was hoping they would move there as I would have gone to a few games,but Nimbyism killed it,as it will at Creekmoor I imagine.

I presume Wimborne FC could never afford to own their own land therefore the Council were pulling the strings and choose Wyatt as contractors to build to on Cuthbury and would've spent few mil at least on new build ground and 9 new houses, they will triple their money eventually but not Wimborne FC, the council would never do anything unless it benefits themselves.

Last edited:
If you like heavy breathing, this video is for you. Will remember to take my inhaler next time!

There really isn't much to report, but work is underway. Excavating the land, and then I gather the number of workers on site will increase rapidly.

Is that because it will unearth the Men of the White Mountains who.broke their Oath to build the Walker Stand? Also called the Dead Builders of Thistlebarrow.

Last edited:
If you like heavy breathing, this video is for you. Will remember to take my inhaler next time!

There really isn't much to report, but work is underway. Excavating the land, and then I gather the number of workers on site will increase rapidly.
Heavy breathing,you don’t keep ringing me up mate do you.

I'm guessing you were wearing flip flops too.

Training ground.. oh yeah..oh yeah ...oh yeeaaah.

Picked up a brick what fell off a truck...
.sha la la lah lee.. yeah
..so ah knew evri fing was gonna be alright...sha la...

And the birds in the chestnut trees..took up the chorus..

Training ground.. oh yeah..oh yeah ...oh yeeaaah.

Picked up a brick what fell off a truck...
.sha la la lah lee.. yeah
..so ah knew evri fing was gonna be alright...sha la...

And the birds in the chestnut trees..took up the chorus..
Started early on the sauce today didn't we Brian!

;