Training ground

Sorry Roger

Fans' Favourite
If the new Kings Park stadium is going to open in 2020 they will need to break ground in mid-2018. That means a new training ground will almost certainly be needed for pre-season, or very early in the season, next year.

The club have said (I think) that they want first team, under 21s and academy all on the same site.

So where's it going to be?

The one thing that struck me as strange about the ECHO press release was that they were not putting planning in till next year...? So is 'breaking ground' in 2018 going to be achievable? Will the council just pass it through as a foregone conclusion...?

Training grounds are very rarely on the stadium site... Can we afford to build new training facilities and a new ground????

SteveJonesLegend - 14/7/2017 10:06

The one thing that struck me as strange about the ECHO press release was that they were not putting planning in till next year...? So is 'breaking ground' in 2018 going to be achievable? Will the council just pass it through as a foregone conclusion...?

The club and council are clearly working very closely (in that the council is buying the rest of our existing stadium off structadene by the looks of it) so yes, I think it is pretty safe to say that the new stadium will be a foregone conclusion.

jalalagood - 14/7/2017 17:13

It is going to be Canford. Brand new training complex.

agreed - on the north side, where the golf courses used to be

Plans submitted for new training complex. https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/plans-submitted-for-new-training-complex :dance:

So the rumours about us buying the Canford Magna Golf course were true - but not for a new stadium.

Looks promising... should help with getting the academy up to category 2.

This is excellent news as AFCB seek CAT 1/ CAT 2 academy status. It was a tragedy for the members that the owners of Canford Magna Golf Club closed it down to try and get planning permission for gravel extraction. It was an excellent 27 hole golf complex and practice facility.

Will be interesting to see the Poole Planners verdict on AFCB plans as houses are what they are after regardless of local residents objections.

Light industrial and housing recently approved for land opposite despite local residents objections so this will also impact on the Knighton traffic lights junction. But Poole Planning Dept don't seem to bother that the road infrastructure of Ringwood Road Bear Cross Roundabout and Magna Road struggles to cope with existing traffic levels.

I've got two questions about this:

1. Will it include any infrastructure?
2. What is infrastructure? I've been on NSC and all I can work out is that it is very important.

Joking aside I find this all very exciting.

I expect that there will be an underground hyper-loop connection between Canford Magna and Kings Park with a journey time of approximately 45 seconds!

;