Training ground

Already some large scale housing developments started and planned for that area so as Bitzer says a discreet development like the training complex with relatively minor traffic movement hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
Objections have to be based on something tangible though not just 'I dont like it' so again, hopefully, there wont be any hiccups.
One thing that worries me in the clubs statement is the 'phased development' - probably being a doom and gloom merchant but will we get - dig a hole this year, dig another the next then maybe a fence or two after that and it'll take forever to finish
Hopefully it means get the first team squad in and working and then phase in the media, sports science, youth and development squads etc over a period of time.

Yeah, get the first team training sorted, then the academy stuff can wait a,little as one we've got the team in we can start on the stadium

I'm sure you're right - I just cant shake off my 'believe it when I see it' mindset !
Just hoping and guessing like everyone else. Once the training ground is suitable for the first team squad I'd hope to see our existing training pitches moved to Canford but I've got a feeling that we will be told that the development squad will need them to train on. Probably from then on we will go round and round again just when we are all thinking that a new stadium announcement is imminent. Think we need to consign ourselves to the long haul and hope that Max and Eddie are doing the same.

The plans show the phasing. It’s 2 phases only. BAsically phase 1 is the main pavilion, indoor pitch, and the southern half (4or 5 pitches).
Phase 2 is a bunch more outdoor pitches, including one with lighting.
So it’s clear what they have to build in the 1st phase.

Still won't believe it's happening until the first buildngs start going up. With the way the club operates making announcements and putting plans into the council mean nothing.
Yes, we've learnt from previous experiences haven't we.

Anyone seen any workmen/material evidence within a reasonable distance of the alleged site of said training ground?

Walk dogs guys...walk dogs...report in...
but keep them away from the sheep !

If you need more sheep to get the grass up to PL standard ..weve plenty of spare flock down ere !!

I'll be walking past tomorrow morning en-route to the game, will have a peek

I like a walk, that’s a bit long though.
3 hours?

depends - there are a few route choices, some are a bit longer - I usually end up on the greenway which joins coy pond and the upper gardens - brunch around the square - then cheat and get the bus to the shed! am sposed to be walking up suilven mountain in scottyland in a few weeks, this is training ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen any workmen/material evidence within a reasonable distance of the alleged site of said training ground?

Walk dogs guys...walk dogs...report in...
but keep them away from the sheep !

If you need more sheep to get the grass up to PL standard ..weve plenty of spare flock down ere !!

Starting work before receiving planning permission is a guaranteed way to annoy the Council

We want to keep them onside !!

walked past this yesterday..... and.... things have happened! there are several (between 10 & 20) large mounds of soil dropped around the site. not 100% sure if they are on the afcb owned side of the boundary or not, hard to tell, but they are definitely new.

walked past this yesterday..... and.... things have happened! there are several (between 10 & 20) large mounds of soil dropped around the site. not 100% sure if they are on the afcb owned side of the boundary or not, hard to tell, but they are definitely new.

Big moles?

Yep the main gate has been open for the last few weeks and they have put in a height limiter at the entrance. Not sure if connected.

;