Training

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
Just watched a video of the first training session on AFCBTV. Not sure if it’s my imagination but the intensity seemed a lot higher/harder than I’ve seen for quite a long time, and particularly surprising given it was the first training session after a the summer break.

This level of training and energy was reminiscent, in part, to the pre-PL days under Eddie. Hopefully this bodes well for the coming season. Early days, but I certainly like what I see.

Just watched a video of the first training session on AFCBTV. Not sure if it’s my imagination but the intensity seemed a lot higher/harder than I’ve seen for quite a long time, and particularly surprising given it was the first training session after a the summer break.

This level of training and energy was reminiscent, in part, to the pre-PL days under Eddie. Hopefully this bodes well for the coming season. Early days, but I certainly like what I see.
This is pre season training rather than a regular in season training session tbf.....pretty standard run till you puke stuff really.

Bodes well? According to Neil Dawsons mate our previous training regime caused our horrendous injury problems. With this increase in intensity I'd be surprised if any of them are still alive by Christmas.

I agree. Seemed a lot more serious and “let’s get down to business” to me. Like you, I liked what I saw ! Parker clearly needs to set his stall out early and let the players know what he is all about. Strict and professional so far. I hope he keeps it up and the sessions don’t get too casual and matey again any time soon !
Glad you mentioned it because that was my initial impression too !

Bodes well? According to Neil Dawsons mate our previous training regime caused our horrendous injury problems. With this increase in intensity I'd be surprised if any of them are still alive by Christmas.
Lol I'd forgotten about that!.....elite athletes don't need to train hard!.....:grinning:
Neil's chiropractor/Olympic trainer will be very concerned.

I agree. Seemed a lot more serious and “let’s get down to business” to me. Like you, I liked what I saw ! Parker clearly needs to set his stall out early and let the players know what he is all about. Strict and professional so far. I hope he keeps it up and the sessions don’t get too casual and matey again any time soon !
Glad you mentioned it because that was my initial impression too !
Yes, I agree...could be interesting times ahead!

Not sure. First few training sessions are usually the hard yards to see which group of players drop first and then different sessions will be devised with each players needs in mind. Some guys are just natural trainers whilst others are slower to build stamina. Incidentally, I've been told that the guy with the best training stats at the club is Billing and yet people say he is lazy on match days.

Not sure. First few training sessions are usually the hard yards to see which group of players drop first and then different sessions will be devised with each players needs in mind. Some guys are just natural trainers whilst others are slower to build stamina. Incidentally, I've been told that the guy with the best training stats at the club is Billing and yet people say he is lazy on match days.
He made that run look pretty easy

So then Billing is knackered on Match day...his training 'stats' noted, collated, printed and pinned up on a notice board in the training bunker !
...kind of all fits the big picture !

I thought that running players into the ground for preseason was old hat and everyone does tactical periodisation now?

Yep, the former Olympic team physio who advised the club they were overtraining our player and was surprised not at the intensity of our training but the duration of the intensity mid a spell of horrendous injuries. Also during a time when despite training hard we still manages to tire far earlier than the opposition. Someone who from time to time visits this site and when he read the responses to him on here smiled and politely said ‘I’m sure they know best’.

Yep, the former Olympic team physio who advised the club they were overtraining our player and was surprised not at the intensity of our training but the duration of the intensity mid a spell of horrendous injuries. Also during a time when despite training hard we still manages to tire far earlier than the opposition. Someone who from time to time visits this site and when he read the responses to him on here smiled and politely said ‘I’m sure they know best’.

Your mate knows better than all the in-house experts who's opinions the club paid for? You and your mate never did answer the question of why on earth the club wouldn't try and reduce their injuries. Arguably injuries cost the owner millions of pounds and Eddie's career. I'm sure your pal knows best though.

Last edited:
Your mate knows better than all the in-house experts who's opinions the club paid for? You and your mate never did answer the question of why on earth the club wouldn't try and reduce their injuries. Arguably injuries cost the owner millions of pounds and Eddie's career. I'm sure your pal knows best though.
Because experts opinions differ. You only have to see any COVID debate to know that. Anyway… England 3-0 up so can’t be arsed to argue!!

;