Trains on Saturday?

table

UTC Legend
Does anyone know if Virgin Cross Country are on strike for the great trek up north on Saturday? If so, what is the best way of contacting them ( without spending an hour on hold, listening to some drip, dripping on about his girlfriend, there must be better "music" out there)
We need to know asap if the promised trains are running, if not, we need to try and get on the Accessible Minibus. With a wheelchair involved, we can't just leave it to the last minute.

I would suggest, if you've got time, leave Mrs table with her soaps and pop down to Bournemouth train station.
They should know. I assume you're leaving from that station? Could not find a local number for the stationIt's all centralised.

table - 21/12/2017 09:48

Does anyone know if Virgin Cross Country are on strike for the great trek up north on Saturday? If so, what is the best way of contacting them ( without spending an hour on hold, listening to some drip, dripping on about his girlfriend, there must be better "music" out there)
We need to know asap if the promised trains are running, if not, we need to try and get on the Accessible Minibus. With a wheelchair involved, we can't just leave it to the last minute.

Virgin are on strike tomorrow, but not Saturday so unless you are planning on getting the first couple of trains you should be alright. If you're on twitter, tweet them they are normally pretty quick at getting back to you ( https://twitter.com/VirginTrains ).

Thanks Mr Git. It all seems needlessly complicated, when we booked the tickets 6 or 7 weeks ago, all we wanted was travel assistance for a wheelchair user and her PA, return Bournemouth to Manchester on 23rd December. I assumed it was booked with Virgin Trains but NO, after calling the helpline number on the ticket wallet, 2 x 1 hour+ phone calls ( 7 or 8 minutes talk, the rest on hold, listening to the aforementioned drip, dripping dripiley about his love life ), it turns out not Virgin West Coast, East Coast, Cross Country or SWT can answer my query.

The minibus is scheduled to leave from Rownhams ( there's only lonesome Rob on it), we need to let the club know asap if we want it to start at Dean Court.

Don't know if this helps.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/BMH/MAN/231217/0800/dep

Return times

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/MAN/BMH/231217/1730/dep/231217/1900/dep

Thanks for the help, advice and links. As the trains we booked are no longer running in their original form and the alternatives are not suitable for us, Lonesome Rob will no longer be lonely this Christmas eve eve : )

"Robbie Trent is havin' a party,
He'd better bring his Vodka and Bacardi" : )

Bloody strike has paralysed the midlands, now having to head up to a station that serves Northern Rail.

RMT are f ucking Parasites, basically holding different parts of the country to ransom when they feel like it.

Thanks Olly, it's more about looking after OAPs like Rob, than the result : )

I see the Virgin West Coast strike is called off now, don't know if that helps Red House.

red_house - 21/12/2017 18:43

Bloody strike has paralysed the midlands, now having to head up to a station that serves Northern Rail.

RMT are f ucking Parasites, basically holding different parts of the country to ransom when they feel like it.

Isn't that how all unions work?

afcdibby - 21/12/2017 20:41

Only a select few will actually hurt you nowadays..I guess you arent going to this one

red_house - 21/12/2017 21:21

afcdibby - 21/12/2017 20:41

Only a select few will actually hurt you nowadays..I guess you arent going to this one

We're going. Crosscountry out of Bournemouth at 06-25.

I work for the RMG but I never joined the CWU much to the disgust of some of my colleagues.

;