Twickets Increase costs

Hoof_It

Fans' Favourite
When I first used Twickets to sell our 2 Northstand STs I received £25 per ticket.

I have just put up the tickets for the West Ham match, on sale for £32 each plus buyers fee of £8.96

There is now a sellers fee of £7.

For this transaction (2 STs):

I receive £43.00​
Twickets receive £7 + £32 + £32 + £8.96 = £79.96 - £43.00 (paid to me) = £36.96 - whatever AFCB receive £???​
Buyer pays £72.96​
Struggling to get my head round the maths but I think Twickets are doing well out of this and I am getting 43/64ths of what the seats are worth. Better than nothing but not sure this is a fair bargain.

I sold mine for Watford game, what I didn't realise is they also don't pay you until 10 working days after the event. So if you sell a few weeks before the game, they hold onto the money for a number of weeks. I got £22:58 each for my east stand tickets

Twickets need to be offering a decent deal - otherwise the whole thing falls apart.
This looks a long way from a decent deal.

I used Twickets for the Huddersfield game. I'm 65 so would normally be able to get a concessions ticket when I can. I thought I'd give Twickets a go anyway. What was available was a full priced ticket so £32 + twickets fee too - I think it worked out at about £41.
A little bit different to the £19 + £2 handling fee that the club charge when I go to pick up the ticket at the TO!
At the end of the day it is PL prices and I enjoyed the match. Not sure I'd want a Season Ticket where I went for every match though (it was Main Stand, low down at one end).

Probably hope not to have to use Twickets again.

Next season all being well I hope to give the Main Stand, middle, higher up a go as I'll have plenty of points to pick and choose. (11 points at the moment).
Much prefer being at one end or the other so long as I'm in a high enough row.

Typical of StubHub model over here ... fees on both ends. Venue gets nothing other than the revenue from the original sale at face value. Explains why sellers usually add something to their "mark-up" .... so that the buyer in effect pays both sides of the fees. Also, StubHub fees are typically based on a percentage of the selling price ... which percentage increases as the numbers get bigger. And, everything in US dollars, so yet more of a hit to old TJ. Explains why I usually have to pay about CDN$450/ticket when we make our annual pilgrimage to New York to see Billy Joel at the Gardens. Supply and demand ......

Sounds like a bwit of a rwip off.

I see no reason for a sellers fee, in fact the seller should get full ticket price and the buyer pay a small admin fee.

Swomeone is getting gweedy and it will just lead to people not using it.

I wouldn’t have been able to go to the Chelsea game had it been on the Tuesday and I looked into using Twickets to resell my ST. Academic now because I can go on the Wednesday but having seen the figures above it does seem a rip off. I don’t think I would want to use it now on principle.

It would be interesting to know if the club are skimming money from each transaction and, if so, how much. Perhaps the Cherries Trust could ask if the club are still talking to them.

I emailed the Ticket Office for comment.
Fair play they responded quickly but predictably.

"Twickets are regarded as the most ethical resale site in the marketplace, are members of the FanFair Alliance and will not re-sell tickets above face value."

By ethical I think they mean they are the Sharks with the nicest smile.

For a ticket with a face of £32 they take £15.
That's ethics right there. I don't mind a fee but that is nearly 50%. That will just drive fans to sell "privately".

Opportunity missed, again.

I really can't see why the club can't do it. It's not a terribly difficult system to implement, it's self contained and very automated. Add it as a module to the club shop/tickets site and it increases fan engagement on the site, helps to drive other purchases, and means massively reduced 'extra' fees

When I first used Twickets to sell our 2 Northstand STs I received £25 per ticket.

I have just put up the tickets for the West Ham match, on sale for £32 each plus buyers fee of £8.96

There is now a sellers fee of £7.

For this transaction (2 STs):

I receive £43.00​
Twickets receive £7 + £32 + £32 + £8.96 = £79.96 - £43.00 (paid to me) = £36.96 - whatever AFCB receive £???​
Buyer pays £72.96​
Struggling to get my head round the maths but I think Twickets are doing well out of this and I am getting 43/64ths of what the seats are worth. Better than nothing but not sure this is a fair bargain.
Sorry to be pedantic if I understand this correctly but I think you have counted the £7 twice there. The buyer pays 72.96, you receive 43 *which is where £7 is taken - so thats 29.96 to whoever

North Stand Season ticket is £550. £28.95 per match.

Twickets pay £25/ticket to me but also charge me £3.50 as a fee.
Net the tickets cost Twickets £21.50.

Twickets sell the tickets for £32 and charge the buyer £4.48.

So Twickets make £36.48 - £21.50 = £14.98 per ticket.

Premier league club scratching the back of a greedy company. No surprise there.

I assume there’s a buyers fee too?

North Stand Season ticket is £550. £28.95 per match.

Twickets pay £25/ticket to me but also charge me £3.50 as a fee.
Net the tickets cost Twickets £21.50.

Twickets sell the tickets for £32 and charge the buyer £4.48.

So Twickets make £36.48 - £21.50 = £14.98 per ticket.

It might be a bit less if VAT applies: the VAT would be £2.50 a ticket in this example. But even so, a £12.50 gross profit on each transaction for a website and a bit of coding seems excessive.

As I mentioned earlier I wonder if the club is skimming each transaction or, alternatively, whether Twickets are paying a lump sum to the club to be its “Official Touting Partner”.

Does the Cherries Trust still exist? If it does I think it should be asking about this and pressing the club to ensure both buyers and sellers get a fair deal.

;