Tyrone Mings

His being there seemed to become the springboard for their promotion, so you could argue he's already value for money

The words of somebody who has never had the misfortune to suffer with the problem of a trapped nerve in the back.

I suppose you thought the same when Eoin Morgan struggled off the field with a similar problem in the Cricket World Cup - only to come back and score a century a few days later.

It is the nature of that injury that it can come and go - sometimes in minutes but other times in days or months.
You could well be right, but do you know that for a fact, and if so, how, or is it just informed supposition on your part?

Heard the same, and let's be honest if you've had a contractor working for yo for six months and you decide to offer them a permanent position you're not likely to think they need a competency test are you??

The words of somebody who has never had the misfortune to suffer with the problem of a trapped nerve in the back.

I suppose you thought the same when Eoin Morgan struggled off the field with a similar problem in the Cricket World Cup - only to come back and score a century a few days later.

It is the nature of that injury that it can come and go - sometimes in minutes but other times in days or months. Mings had missed several months the previous season with a back injury remember and I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

IMO at Wolves he just showed how poor his positional play could be - I still blame him more for that first Wolves goal than Daniels.
Not at all. That's coming from someone who has had 2 trapped nerve issues in his back in the last 7 years and has also had the misfortune to suffer severe sciatic nerve damage. The thing is , I have to swallow the Co - codemal and try and get on with it. Not only do my family rely on me I also employ people who rely on me. I have to do core muscle exercises every day to support my back. None of this makes me Superman and I'm certainly not a trained athlete with round the clock medical experts at my beck and call.

Heard the same, and let's be honest if you've had a contractor working for yo for six months and you decide to offer them a permanent position you're not likely to think they need a competency test are you??

Agreed, however when parting with £20M+ surely due diligence should include a full medical? It could throw something up that might be a concern a little further down the line.

Hopefully the don't bother or he sails through it, they certainly seem desperate to get it over the line.

I'll give you an explanation. He didn't fancy any more and threw the towel in. Looking at Tindalls face that day you knew he wouldn't play for us again. He has now apparently developed a habit of getting cramp when the going gets tough.
Yawn, these "apparently" type rumours really are tedious. How do you know this?

You could well be right, but do you know that for a fact, and if so, how, or is it just informed supposition on your part?

No I don't know it as a fact - I just said that, as somebody who has had back problems, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he genuinely had a back problem at Wolves as that is what it looked like to me at the time.

Not at all. That's coming from someone who has had 2 trapped nerve issues in his back in the last 7 years and has also had the misfortune to suffer severe sciatic nerve damage. The thing is , I have to swallow the Co - codemal and try and get on with it. Not only do my family rely on me I also employ people who rely on me. I have to do core muscle exercises every day to support my back. None of this makes me Superman and I'm certainly not a trained athlete with round the clock medical experts at my beck and call.

My apologies for my assumption that you had not had back issues - yours have clearly been even worse than mine were.

But if you have suffered those issues yourself, I find it even stranger that you seem to have assumed "he didn't fancy it and threw the towel in" rather than possibly having suffered a genuine back problem at that point when it was something he had previously had issues with.

Opinions eh!

My apologies for my assumption that you had not had back issues - yours have clearly been even worse than mine were.

But if you have suffered those issues yourself, I find it even stranger that you seem to have assumed "he didn't fancy it and threw the towel in" rather than possibly having suffered a genuine back problem at that point when it was something he had previously had issues with.

Opinions eh!
He went down after a challenge in that Wolves game ....got a knee in the back i think.....it wasn't a trapped nerve anyway....he was walking around fine after the game.

Yawn, these "apparently" type rumours really are tedious. How do you know this?
Yawn. I have monthly meetings with a couple of Villa supporters who reckon when they are under the cosh he can cramp up and has to be subbed off. There are a few on Villatalk who are questioning his timing of cramping up and they have seen a damn sight more of him on the pitch than you or I have.

;