Tyrone Mings

Yawn. I have monthly meetings with a couple of Villa supporters who reckon when they are under the cosh he can cramp up and has to be subbed off. There are a few on Villatalk who are questioning his timing of cramping up and they have seen a damn sight more of him on the pitch than you or I have.

You have monthly meetings with Villa fans? Fair play for your dedication to this thread!

Yawn. I have monthly meetings with a couple of Villa supporters who reckon when they are under the cosh he can cramp up and has to be subbed off. There are a few on Villatalk who are questioning his timing of cramping up and they have seen a damn sight more of him on the pitch than you or I have.
Maybe he actually has cramp, due to not getting a run of games for ages?

I wouldn't necessarily believe "a few on Villatalk", but if it fits your beliefs then fair enough.

Not taking the Mick out of Bournemouth it what a video to make the announcement LOL[/QUOTE

A bit cheeky......guess that is banter for you. Will be interesting if Tyrone says anything nice about us....even if he fell out with management, I didn't see many fans giving him a hard time.

Mings left Town to join Bournemouth for a then-Cherries record fee of £8million in the summer of 2015, with a sell-on clause of 10% believed to have been included in the package, to Town's benefit.

Now, the 26-year-old left-back is set to leave the south coast for Villa, in a deal reported to be as much as £26.5million, although some sources have quoted a £20m fee. The move should be completed tomorrow.

If that higher figure is correct, then Town could receive in the region of £1.85million (10% of £18.5m, the sum of the £26.5m minus the original £8m fee), which should give boss Paul Lambert some more scope to strengthen his squad in the transfer market, ahead of this coming season in League One.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport...ove-from-bournemouth-to-aston-villa-1-6147077

He went down after a challenge in that Wolves game ....got a knee in the back i think.....it wasn't a trapped nerve anyway....he was walking around fine after the game.

I do not know whether it was or was not a trapped nerve or something else but a knee in the back could have triggered one and it looked to me like that is what it was - just my opinion. The fact he was walking OK afterwards is no indication that it was not, as trapped nerves can come and go quickly - especially once you have a muscle relaxant.

Anyway not relevant now he is on his way and he apparently does not require a medical.

Maybe he actually has cramp, due to not getting a run of games for ages?

I wouldn't necessarily believe "a few on Villatalk", but if it fits your beliefs then fair enough.
Rob, not every Villa supporter thinks that Tyrone is some sort of messiah. In particular, some of their more mature supporters have been lucky enough to watch some world class central defenders and are reserving judgement on a loan player who played well for them in the Championship.

Look it's either something you've noticed or you haven't. It's like a magic eye picture, and unfortunately once you've seen it a few times yo can start to see it even where it isn't. I was definitely not surprised that he pulled up injured when Derby scored at Wembley

Rob, not every Villa supporter thinks that Tyrone is some sort of messiah. In particular, some of their more mature supporters have been lucky enough to watch some world class central defenders and are reserving judgement on a loan player who played well for them in the Championship.
The issue is whether he has genuinely got cramp or faking it. You're prepared to suggest the latter because of a few Villa fans. Your words not mine.

I'm not gutted to see him go, as he didnt really play that much for us.

The issue is whether he has genuinely got cramp or faking it. You're prepared to suggest the latter because of a few Villa fans. Your words not mine.

I don;t think it's as simple as saying he's faking it. I'm not saying he's faking it, but I do think there's a psychosomatic element to it. Often happens when a game turns bad, or he makes mistakes. It's amazing how strong the placebo effect can be. I certainly don't think it's on purpose, I do think it may point to an underlying issue, lack of courage maybe, or simply a lack of hardship in earlier life. If he's never had to dig super deep he might not know that those reserves exist

You were there at Wolves weren't you Rob? It was weird was it not?

;