Tyrone Mings

Like Rob I am sad to see Tyrone go....maybe some on here should remember where he and Lloyd Kelly came from in their early lives, as both have had similar experiences.....Tyrone won many plaudits for his community work including an early 'freedom of' award

Some Aston Villa fans are talking the fee down to £16.9million as one page on twitter has quoted £18.9million and then they assume the £2million loan fee will also be deducted from the transfer fee... :)
That is hilarious. Even if it is 18.9. Deducting 2mm loan fee still means they paid 18.9. Sooooo.....

Like Rob I am sad to see Tyrone go....maybe some on here should remember where he and Lloyd Kelly came from in their early lives, as both have had similar experiences.....Tyrone won many plaudits for his community work including an early 'freedom of' award
Not that it makes any difference but didn’t Lloyd come from a foster care background and Tyrone a private school background? Completely the opposite upbringing but great that people can make it to the to of the game regardless of background

Not that it makes any difference but didn’t Lloyd come from a foster care background and Tyrone a private school background? Completely the opposite upbringing but great that people can make it to the to of the game regardless of background

I don't think Tyrone's background was great. Got a two year scholarship to Millfield due to his sports skills but came from humble beginnings if I recall. He's a nice lad tbf.

Well if nothing else this says to anyone sniffing around first team players that we never have to sell, and will get the deal we want. I mean if 5th choice CB goes for 25M, then Fraser has to be Bale money

Forgive me if im wrong,,,but think both were in foster care

Villa fan in peace.

Thought i'd sign up to see the opinions on Mings. I'm surprised so many fans from both clubs are on about the fee. I guess its modern day football where even in a transfer there has to be a winner and a loser. For me it seems a perfect deal for everyone. You guys make a good profit on a player you didn't need or want, we get a key part of our promotion team and Mings comes to a team he wants to play for.

From the outside in I can see why it looks like we have over paid or a bit small time how we can care so much about a player who has done little in his premier league career so far. We were relegated 3 years ago with in my opinion the worst team in premier league history. We had players like richards, lescott, bacuna and gabby who didn't give a **************** about the club and the relationship between fans and players was the worst i've ever seen as a villa fan. We hated a lot of them and their actions on and off the pitch deserved booing most games.

And a few years in the championship has allowed us to change that. It's the exact opposite now. The players and fans are right together. Every so often you get players who just get the club and become cult heroes straight away. I'm sure you've had similar. For various reasons Mings was that for us last year. Is he an amazing premier league defender? Maybe, i guess we will see. But signing him is more than just a player on the pitch, it continues this amazing feel good factor at the club which we haven't had since Martin O'neill left many years ago.

Good luck for the season. Looking forward to our first home game against you boys. Do you think Mings will get a good reception from the away following?

Villa fan in peace.

Thought i'd sign up to see the opinions on Mings. I'm surprised so many fans from both clubs are on about the fee. I guess its modern day football where even in a transfer there has to be a winner and a loser. For me it seems a perfect deal for everyone. You guys make a good profit on a player you didn't need or want, we get a key part of our promotion team and Mings comes to a team he wants to play for.

From the outside in I can see why it looks like we have over paid or a bit small time how we can care so much about a player who has done little in his premier league career so far. We were relegated 3 years ago with in my opinion the worst team in premier league history. We had players like richards, lescott, bacuna and gabby who didn't give a **** about the club and the relationship between fans and players was the worst i've ever seen as a villa fan. We hated a lot of them and their actions on and off the pitch deserved booing most games.

And a few years in the championship has allowed us to change that. It's the exact opposite now. The players and fans are right together. Every so often you get players who just get the club and become cult heroes straight away. I'm sure you've had similar. For various reasons Mings was that for us last year. Is he an amazing premier league defender? Maybe, i guess we will see. But signing him is more than just a player on the pitch, it continues this amazing feel good factor at the club which we haven't had since Martin O'neill left many years ago.

Good luck for the season. Looking forward to our first home game against you boys. Do you think Mings will get a good reception from the away following?
I remember that Villa game. Couldnt believe how bad things had got between fans and club. I remember the "Jolean Lescott - he's got a new car" chant from our fans.

Good luck for the season.

;