Tyrone Mings

The Alchemist

UTC Legend
From the man himself.....

Tyrone Mings ?@OfficialTM_3 Feb 23
Almost 6 months from the day I got injured, today I started running outside! Another step on a long road

Very best of luck to Tyrone, can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be sidelined for 6 months+. Hope to see him back soon

Saw him last week walking up steps and was pleased to see he did so comfortably. If he is running too then he is able to take a lot of weight already.

Rumours that he may be sent out on loan.

http://talksport.com/football/bournemouth-defender-tyrone-mings-could-make-ipswich-return-loan-after-recovery-injury?

Sensible for all concerned I would think.

Strange one that.

I trust Eddie's judgement, but not sure I'd do that, not unless he's more or less guaranteed a certain amount of game time perhaps.

Interesting.

If it's for the first three months of the season or something then I can see the sense in it.

Daniels will be first choice and even if recruited to play in another position, Ake should be good cover there.

Mings will need a run of games to really test his knee and he might not get them with us.

If it's a season long loan then I'm a little more disappointed.

I don't see it as an attractive option, unless it's a short term month deal.

Word was he won't be fully fit til September/October and if so we will want to oversee his final rehab and conditioning. After that (Oct/Nov) a month getting match fit in the Championship could make decent sense but
beyond that seems very doubtful.

We cannot afford to carry any player within our 25 man squad. We have absolutely no idea if Mings can even play at PL (or indeed Championship) level after such a serious and catastrophic injury.

Far better for him to spend 6 months on loan somewhere else so we can find out without it costing us squad wise.

Although two (or maybe all three?) signings so far don't count toward that so we're up to a 27/28 man squad.

Having said that I agree and since I think the one month loans are no longer possible it's either until Jan, until the end of the season or not at all.

If as stated fully fit is September then competitive football where he can be assessed without potentially weakening our side can only be a good thing. We get to name a new squad at Christmas so hopefully he will have had at least six weeks under his belt and all the matchtime that that entails. Brighton, Bristol, Reading, Brentord and Fulham are all near enough to commute. Maybe he won't need the whole season, but at least we'll be able to assess him properly

To be honest, none of us know exactly how well his injury has repaired and if there is a longer term scenario maybe involved; this could be a possible 'try it out and see' situation.

As said, we need to know that our full PL squad is good to go, without any doubts.

I guess if he's not going to be fit until October then he won't be in the squad, so going on loan to get some matches would make sense.

I don't really get it, I'm assuming Ake is going to play CB, but having 2 players that can play both positions along with Francis being able to play both positions is invaluable imo.

Silent AFCB - 2/7/2016 17:58

I don't really get it, I'm assuming Ake is going to play CB, but having 2 players that can play both positions along with Francis being able to play both positions is invaluable imo.

Don't forget we still have Wiggins as cover for CD

:naughty:

Silent AFCB - 2/7/2016 17:58

why assume ake is going to play cb?

not seen any suggestion of that yet - spent last season at left back for watford and his prefered position, where he's previously had experience playing for chelsea, is central midfield

Update today from Mings' twitter:

Just been to see the surgeon for a final check up, all good news coming out of my end - time for some more hard work before showtime

;