UEFA Nations League

Surely in these friendlies he should be trying out the younger players,
Players like Dier, Barkley, Henderson are useless defence minded players.
The manager doesn't have a bloody clue. Maybe he is worried about letting goals in. Spain beat this lot 6-0, they said they were tired.

I can't for the life of me understand why hordes of England fans chuck away good money to go over there to shuffle around Outside the Stadium with that C##p going on inside it! Are they bent towards Insanity? Could have bought their Mums a present instead or done something else worthwhile!

Well, ignoring Friday, football isn’t football without the fans. I’m a fan of the Nations League.

You wouldn’t get a game like tonight in October on the international calendar unless it was the final group game decider for a major tournament going head to head.

Jamie Carragher described it as a Champions League quarter-final game quality and on his personal appearances on par with the 5-1 away in Germany.

A brilliant first half performance and dramatic second half with Spain being beaten at home in a competitive game for the first time in 15 years.

If nothing else encouraging to score 3 away from home against a top team like Spain.

Ok had to hold on some what and got a bit of luck on occasions 2nd half but sometimes you have to and we didn't get that much in the World Cup at times.

Means we can still top our section with a win v Croatia if Spain fail to beat them away.

The Sterling thing just smacks of desperation to play a player INTO form, as if they think he’ll suddenly find his club form playing for his country. Newsflash Gareth, without his superstar City teammates setting him up, Sterling would contribute nothing to them either. It’s mind boggling that he still expects Sterling to contribute something playing in this mediocre England selection. On his own he has been consistently hopeless. Everyone can see it, apart from the England setup, apparently. Like I said, mind boggling.
How’s the humble pie tasting? Pretty bitter I’d imagine...

Sterling’s first goal was superb but I was actually frustrated with his overall performance. Gave the ball away so often throughout and such poor decision making. England fantastic on the counter in the first half and much more clinical than Spain but they are clearly a better team imo.

A player scores his 1st international goals in 3 years. No humble pie needed.

Looking forward to his next goals in the fall of 2021.

No good shouting for the call up of Wilson and then dragging this post up.

It must be "double standard Tuesday"

A player scores his 1st international goals in 3 years. No humble pie needed.

Looking forward to his next goals in the fall of 2021.

No good shouting for the call up of Wilson and then dragging this post up.

It must be "double standard Tuesday"
Quite right ! He was shite before and deserved the criticism. One always HOPES any player struggling for form can improve, it's up to them to get on and do it. Didn't see the match last night but apparently he scored two goals, so well done for last night and why did it take you so long Raheem ???? One swallow does not make a summer, so let's see if he can keep this form up or goes back into hibernation.

england now playing like afcb. stunning three man attack, average elsewhere. capable of leading against the best in the league 3 nil...... or losing 4 nil to burnley.

See above, not at all. I stand by my criticism of his recent performances. Didn't see last night's match but did Southgate try a change of formation ? I read somewhere that he was trying to use Sterling more effectively since he too had struggled to understand why it wasn't working out for him when he plays for England. Maybe they've found a way to use him more effectively ? If anyone saw the match I would be interested to know if Sterling was playing in a different position / formation yesterday. :bow:

Just seen the goals, Terrible defending for the two unmarked headers, but England scored three nice goals from quick out of defence balls. Spain 70 % possession. 27 to 5 goal attempts. no corners to England.
Looks like a one sided game to me.

;