Unusual disliking of other club(s)

No real hate - But dislike of Reading, Gillingham and Brighton, usual reasons apply.

But as Erik said, there's always genuine fans. Quite a lot of Stoke hate here, but I was there early 90's at Uni and they are mostly hardworking, friendly people. Think we've had discussions like this before - it's similar around the country.

One of the more enjoyable away games. Baking hot day too.

Training for the Berlin marathon at the time. Did a 20 mile run in the morning, shower, then 40 minute walk to the station, plus all the drinking in the sun. A little 'drained' by the time I got home....

In the spirit of the question rather than pick an obvious one I'll go for Bristol Rovers.

Why?

One of my first away games and couldn't find a pub that would serve me in colours. My naivety but that's not the point of this post.

We drew that game and every bloody fan on way home had to stop me and mention how lucky the result was for us. We'd hit the woodwork a number of times and their goal was a pen.

Twice stuck on public transport with tedious fans, one was convinced his uncle was some famous Welsh(?) boxer who could knock anyone out.

The "pirate" rebrand. Tacky AF, be the Gass and own it.

Goodnight sodding Irene

Rickie f'ng Lambert

The "killer fans" interview.

And worst of all if you mention your slight dislike to another Cherry you always get the "Oh I actually kind of like them" response.
I quite like them ;-)

If you think our record against Colchester was bad, you should take a look at our sequence of results against Wimbledon!
8 League games, 2 FA Cup games, 1 draw (at Plough Lane in the Cup), lost the replay and failed to take a single point off them in 8 attempts.
That replay, we were winning 1-0 with seconds to go and had drawn Southampton at home in the 3rd round. I was devastated. Mind you, we were properly crap at that time, must have been about 79/80, just before Webby came in and started to build us away from the crappest period in our history.

We could never beat Colchester back in the day - I think it was something like one win in twelve games until we did the double over them in 2012/13 - was nice to see us start to beat teams like that !

From 93/94 to the play-off matches in 10/11 we failed to beat Huddersfield in 19 attempts. Won nine out of 12 since then to make up for it!

Aside from the usual suspects, I can't stand Villa or Palace. Villa was from before they relegated us (personal reasons), so that just made things worse. Palace has been a slow burn over the last few years. Their fans seem to have some delusion that they are a big club and 'deserve' a place in the PL. The constant diving and cheating for pen.s really grinds my gears. Pathetic little club that needs putting out of it's misery. Enter one Patrick Vieira!

If you think our record against Colchester was bad, you should take a look at our sequence of results against Wimbledon!
8 League games, 2 FA Cup games, 1 draw (at Plough Lane in the Cup), lost the replay and failed to take a single point off them in 8 attempts.
I recall when they got elected to the Football League and played us twice that season (78/79 I think?) that we were both the first FL team they beat away from home and the first FL team they did the double over.

;