Useful Apps - Non

4FCB

Fans' Favourite
While we’re waiting for the first incoming player to exchange views about, has anyone got any tips or recommendations for apps that they find particularly useful or helpful?

About a year ago I downloaded the app ‘RainToday’ which is the one that the F1 teams use to plan for when wet weather is due onto any one particular part or all of the track. The radar section can be fascinating to watch if the wind is high, and I’ve always found it to be spot-on.

So, has anyone else got any apps to recommend that they want to share on here?

How’s it taken so long to have a thread like this? Nice one. Probably all well known ones…

I use Strava to record walks and cycling which is very handy

SoundHound to recognise songs on the radio I want to hear again

planefinder and what3words are handy/interesting too and all free.

Also use ‘nutracheck’ to track my food and drink and calorie intake which is linked to my watch and determines how much I can and can’t eat everyday and tracks fats, sugars, protein, salt intake but that costs money.

Never heard of RainToday but just downloaded it and am in love.

not so much an app recommendation but The Athletic is £1 a month at the minute. Quality writing and by strange quirk, the journo that was assigned to AFCB in the premier days got reassigned to Fulham last season so plenty of good SP/AFCB reading.

raintoday appears to be apple only?

I've used komoot for walk planning & route finding (esp when I occasionally get lost on walks) - great app, even when on a scottish mountain, or watever they call them

My phone is a very old Nokia. It doesn't have touch screen or apps. Texts are scratched on a piece of slate. It does enough for me.
My Mum and Dad are still rocking the old “non smart” Nokia.
Here in Spain in COVID times, instead of a menu which people pick up and fondle ( with the inherent risk of infection ) they stick a QR code on every table. You are supposed to scan it and then it takes you to a webpage with the menu and price list. My parents are like “Sorry, we can’t scan anything“. Then the poor waiter has to fetch the menu and recite the whole damn thing to them. Never goes down too well :rofl:

Another App that has proven its worth time and again is Horse Anatomy: Equine 3D. We have horses who are forever either hurting themselves, going lame, getting cuts etc and this app is so useful to be able to communicate with the horse vets over the phone, as their call out fees are horrendous.

While everyone won’t have horses, the same company also produce ‘Dog Anatomy: Canine 3D’ which again could be useful and gives so much info via diagrams of skeletal, muscular and anatomical aspects, as well as giving a verbal example of correct pronunciation.

They also produce a human version as well.

These are all chargeable apps.

Olio is a good way of passing on surplus food and other stuff, rather than let it go to waste

;