V Brighton.

We have to pick a formation and stick to it for the rest of the season,regardless of injuries.
We have five fit midfielders so must stick to 4-3-3.

For Brighton i would stick to pretty much what we had today,but with one tweak. Cook for Billing,and tell gim to get forward,and pass forward at every opportunity.

Rammers
Smith Franno Ake Rico
Lerma
Gossa L Cook
H Wilson C Wilson Fraser

I still think Callum will score if given the service.
Part of the problem is the two Wilsons and Billing imo

We have to pick a formation and stick to it for the rest of the season,regardless of injuries.

For Brighton i would stick to pretty much what we had today,but with one tweak. Cook for Billing,and tell gim to get forward,and pass forward at every opportunity.

Rammers
Smith Franno Ake Rico
Lerma
Gossa L Cook
H Wilson C Wilson Fraser

Absolute insanity to suggest virtually the same team imo. I think you are in a minority of two on this one, it’s just unfortunate that the only one who agrees with you happens to be our manager....

Part of the problem is the two Wilsons and Billing imo

Which is why i suggest dropping Billing for L Cook.

I woukdnt have H Wilson in the team either but there are currently no other options ,Danjuma and Stan injured,Ibe AWOL..
He is also our top goalscorer,so i kind of understand why he plays.
With Callum,again no other options,King injured,the alternatives are Solanke or Surridge.
I stand by the belief Callum will score if given chances.

I cant be bothered to drag up old threads but i have stated for a long time our midfield is the problem,its not dynamic or forward thinking enough,and doesnt chip in with goals,which it never really has done.

Absolute insanity to suggest virtually the same team imo. I think you are in a minority of two on this one, it’s just unfortunate that the only one who agrees with you happens to be our manager....

So what do you suggest?
Part of the problem has been no continuity ,partly due to the injuries of course.
I suggest sticking with the strongest team possible.
Its pretty depressing when you think about it,that bar King and Brooks,and L Cook on the bench ,todays starting line up was possibly the strongest it could be,and pretty close to the one that beat Saints 3-1 away.

So what do you suggest?
Part of the problem has been no continuity ,partly due to the injuries of course.
I suggest sticking with the strongest team possible.
Its pretty depressing when you think about it,that bar King and Brooks,and L Cook on the bench ,todays starting line up was possibly the strongest it could be,and pretty close to the one that beat Saints 3-1 away.
I suggested a team further earlier on in the discussion. Play a midfield three with Kilkenny and H Wilson just in front of Lerma, and a front three of Dobre, Surridge and Another. We have had a fair deal of continuity, they are just not producing, we need change!

Billing needs to be cut out of the team asap. Toxic attitude and offers little. As soon as the team goes behind he disappears and starts thinking about his next big contract. Huddersfield fans were right about him.Is a coincidence that by the end of the season he'll have been at two teams that he helped take down

Billing needs to be cut out of the team asap. Toxic attitude and offers little. As soon as the team goes behind he disappears and starts thinking about his next big contract. Huddersfield fans were right about him.Is a coincidence that by the end of the season he'll have been at two teams that he helped take down
You’re one hell of a mindreader, you seem to know exactly what he’s thinking

How do you know his attitude’s toxic, btw?

You’re one hell of a mindreader, you seem to know exactly what he’s thinking

How do you know his attitude’s toxic, btw?
You can see it every time he steps out in the field. As soon as the team go behind there a complete apathy from him. Jogs about, dosent get back, looks disinterested, half arsed tackles, bottles 50/50. If that isn't a toxic attitude in a struggling team idk what is

what did he do? I saw him go off but didn’t see any exchange of words?
Just summoned up the courage to watch that segment again. It was really strange:

1) after the Ramsdale stop, ball ricochets out. Lerma and Ake within inches of bundling it away, but NC get there first. Shot.
2) Cookie does what cookie did, VAR, red card, Puukki. Franno seen getting ready.
3) We line up for the start of play with 11 on the pitch. Tiernay consults Franno and Tiernay appears to motion HW, who is on the far side of the pitch, to go off.
4) HW runs off, no exchange with any of our players. EH extends his hand and there appears to be a mutual handshake.
5) But there is then a bit of a cluster, looks like a mild (possibly accidental? bump), a few words exchanged and then EH gestures back to the pitch as if to say "well I have to take someone off".

Back to point 1 above .... Really a matter of inches which could have changed the match and perhaps the season.

Just summoned up the courage to watch that segment again. It was really strange:

1) after the Ramsdale stop, ball ricochets out. Lerma and Ake within inches of bundling it away, but NC get there first. Shot.
2) Cookie does what cookie did, VAR, red card, Puukki. Franno seen getting ready.
3) We line up for the start of play with 11 on the pitch. Tiernay consults Franno and Tiernay appears to motion HW, who is on the far side of the pitch, to go off.
4) HW runs off, no exchange with any of our players. EH extends his hand and there appears to be a mutual handshake.
5) But there is then a bit of a cluster, looks like a mild (possibly accidental? bump), a few words exchanged and then EH gestures back to the pitch as if to say "well I have to take someone off".

Back to point 1 above .... Really a matter of inches which could have changed the match and perhaps the season.
Maybe nothing in it at all then

ffs, one player shows a bit of emotion being taken off when saying there is no fight out here and now you don't want him? Surely that anger can only be a good thing.

I dunno what people want some times. I'd be far more pissed off with someone taken off at 30 minutes that didn't care.

...but then in recent games I have watched us not winning many loose or second balls,knock downs etc..it is symptomatic of a lack of confidence or maybe motivation?...in games like Norwich and Watford when we should be pressing and putting bodies on the line...it is noticable that we are lacking or being caught short...that is relegation form, reminds me of Fulham last season

Rammers
Smith Franno Ake Rico
Lerma
Gossa L Cook
H Wilson C Wilson Fraser

Whilst not saying wefollow this religiously, I do agree with this stance. I don’t actually recall the last time we fielded the same XI for a run of games... which was always part of what we do... we lack cohesion, partnerships and leadership... With ref to the latter, is it Cook, is it Franno... FFS Just give it to one and tell them to send a rocket up players arses every five mins to remind them what each game means... Phil Thompson ripped into Frannos lacklustre hand gestures in an attempt to get the lads going... sums things up right now...

We need the lads to understand each other, what they’re going to do, know where they’ll be and understand that they have support without being told they do... This is what a settled side does for players.

Another post on this thread highlighted the poor timing of the likes of Mepham, Brooks, Stacey etc. being better options... This 100% highlights that we are still Full of injuries right now and regardless of our starting XI being decent on paper... the list of people Eddie would have want to be starting is still BIG

Mepham, Stacey, Brooks, Kelly, Danjuma, King... All of which can not only make impacts, but offer options... which we currently don’t have.

The crux of our issues is the midfield tho. They are not functioning and it’s the one area we do have an almost full compliment... get them functioning and Callum will score... He just needs a lot better service... alright to mug him off in isolation but it shows a lack of football knowledge to ignore the bigger picture. One decent bit of service v Luton and in 15 seconds of being on... goal...

So for BHA I’d stick with the line up as best as you can... Franno will obs come in for Cook to give us Rico-Ake-Franno-Smith at the back.

Lerma and Gosling stay but I would sack Billing off for L.Cook (he has to be a better option for his energy alone), and then stick with Fraser and H.Wilson (give him a free role) behind Callum...

One last thing, stats highlighted our interceptions v Norwich was high yesterday which tells me Eddie is still persisting with this ‘keep it narrow, not much press, concede possession and grab whe ball when we can to break’ style of football... It’s needs to go... we need high press and energy... for 90...

Whilst not saying wefollow this religiously, I do agree with this stance. I don’t actually recall the last time we fielded the same XI for a run of games... which was always part of what we do... we lack cohesion, partnerships and leadership... With ref to the latter, is it Cook, is it Franno... FFS Just give it to one and tell them to send a rocket up players arses every five mins to remind them what each game means... Phil Thompson ripped into Frannos lacklustre hand gestures in an attempt to get the lads going... sums things up right now...

We need the lads to understand each other, what they’re going to do, know where they’ll be and understand that they have support without being told they do... This is what a settled side does for players.

Another post on this thread highlighted the poor timing of the likes of Mepham, Brooks, Stacey etc. being better options... This 100% highlights that we are still Full of injuries right now and regardless of our starting XI being decent on paper... the list of people Eddie would have want to be starting is still BIG

Mepham, Stacey, Brooks, Kelly, Danjuma, King... All of which can not only make impacts, but offer options... which we currently don’t have.

The crux of our issues is the midfield tho. They are not functioning and it’s the one area we do have an almost full compliment... get them functioning and Callum will score... He just needs a lot better service... alright to mug him off in isolation but it shows a lack of football knowledge to ignore the bigger picture. One decent bit of service v Luton and in 15 seconds of being on... goal...

So for BHA I’d stick with the line up as best as you can... Franno will obs come in for Cook to give us Rico-Ake-Franno-Smith at the back.

Lerma and Gosling stay but I would sack Billing off for L.Cook (he has to be a better option for his energy alone), and then stick with Fraser and H.Wilson (give him a free role) behind Callum...

One last thing, stats highlighted our interceptions v Norwich was high yesterday which tells me Eddie is still persisting with this ‘keep it narrow, not much press, concede possession and grab whe ball when we can to break’ style of football... It’s needs to go... we need high press and energy... for 90...
Bored this afternoon so had a look at NSC expecting more of the jingoism that I read before the game at the Amex. Guess what? The majority of them are predicting relegation. Villa were apparently much better than them all over the pitch and Muff will put a run of wins together because they have far better players than Brighton. It really is doom and gloom over there, not helped by the Burnley and Newcastle results this weekend. Let's hope the negative vibes make it as far as their players. We need an early goal off of Callum's backside.

ffs, one player shows a bit of emotion being taken off when saying there is no fight out here and now you don't want him? Surely that anger can only be a good thing.

I dunno what people want some times. I'd be far more pissed off with someone taken off at 30 minutes that didn't care.
It had nothing to do with emotion or showing :fight'....but rather shows the attitude of a loanee who's putting his own interests in front of the team.

It had nothing to do with emotion or showing :fight'....but rather shows the attitude of a loanee who's putting his own interests in front of the team.
Fraser said he hates it when he is played in the wrong position, King says the same and I feel Wilson feels the same way too.
I can understand him being peed off.
I think Eddie should sometimes explain his reasoning. But we all know he would never do that.

Which is why i suggest dropping Billing for L Cook.

I woukdnt have H Wilson in the team either but there are currently no other options ,Danjuma and Stan injured,Ibe AWOL..
He is also our top goalscorer,so i kind of understand why he plays.
With Callum,again no other options,King injured,the alternatives are Solanke or Surridge.
I stand by the belief Callum will score if given chances.

I cant be bothered to drag up old threads but i have stated for a long time our midfield is the problem,its not dynamic or forward thinking enough,and doesnt chip in with goals,which it never really has done.
Apparently, I admit he hasn't got much service but Callum Wilson before yesterday hasn't had a shot on target since October and I can well believe that. I would much rather have Surridge or Solanki at least they would give the opposition defenders something to think about!

Fraser said he hates it when he is played in the wrong position, King says the same and I feel Wilson feels the same way too.
I can understand him being peed off.
I think Eddie should sometimes explain his reasoning. But we all know he would never do that.
What's he got to explain?....that he sometimes does things that he feels is for the good of the team that a player doesn't like?.....so what.

;