VAR

It doesn't make me feel better at all, I don't really understand the point of making it personal. If I misunderstood the point you believed you were making I misunderstood your point, it hardly matters.

I'm not taking anything personally and I hope you're not either.

I come back to this thread every couple of months and it follows the pattern I posted above. It just ends up being a Cathy Newman interview ("So what your saying is...") so I just leave it to incumbents to have a good old collective moan.

Liverpool player found legitimately offside causing huge media outrage shocker.

Apparently it was one of those long sleeves offside so they were a bit unlucky bit if that is the ruling then not much can be done.

They won anyway so won't be much fuss now.

It occurs to me to comment that:
*throw-ins happen from nowhere near where the ball goes out;
*free-kicks happen somewhere near where the foul occurs; and
* time added-on is kinda sorta about right maybe .......

yet offside is looked at to the width of a cnut-hair???

I guess it suits my label as a "binary" to actually get really wound up by all of those :bag:

At Dean Court the grass-lines - from mowing - are 6-yards wide (based on one cut going out to the 6-yard box) so it's not difficult to see how far out so many throws are.

West Brom don’t appear to have the more traditional angles for VAR and so couldn’t draw the lines correctly for an offside decision.

Shambles.

They had to stick with the lino’s decision on it, fancy that.

Groundswell of opinion seems to be against it as people realise it doesn't solve all the problems and just ruins the enjoyment.

Scrap it. If they have to keep any elements have a video official review all yellow/red decisions as the game goes on.

If you absolutely forced me to accept any more of it I could also be pursuaded that pens could be dealt with like cricket. You have 2/3 times in a game where you can ask for a review of a pen decision so don't waste them on frivolous crap. As with all VAR though the devil would be in the detail.

Offsides should be left to the linos. Their accuracy level is very high as it is.

Groundswell of opinion seems to be against it as people realise it doesn't solve all the problems and just ruins the enjoyment.

Scrap it. If they have to keep any elements have a video official review all yellow/red decisions as the game goes on.

If you absolutely forced me to accept any more of it I could also be pursuaded that pens could be dealt with like cricket. You have 2/3 times in a game where you can ask for a review of a pen decision so don't waste them on frivolous crap. As with all VAR though the devil would be in the detail.

Offsides should be left to the linos. Their accuracy level is very high as it is.

If VAR is to stay I'd prefer it to be time based. If you can't tell it was a error within 20 seconds then it wasn't a clear error. It would mean all of the armpit disallowed goals would stand, but someone 2 yards offside would be given.

If VAR is to stay I'd prefer it to be time based. If you can't tell it was a error within 20 seconds then it wasn't a clear error. It would mean all of the armpit disallowed goals would stand, but someone 2 yards offside would be given.

Nothing says spontaneous drama and emotion like a 20 second delay...

Nothing says spontaneous drama and emotion like a 20 second delay...

I did start with 'if Var is to stay'! If we are allowed to ditch VAR, then my statement is redundant. But if we are saddled with it, this has to be preferable to the current system though if you know it is unlikely that it will be overturned because it had to be a howler of a decision, rather than the slightest transgression.

;