VAR

It seems they don’t want VAR to give decisions, just remove goals. It goes against IFAB protocol not to have the pitch side monitor as well, any other league that and many others this season so far are given pens.

It seems they don’t want VAR to give decisions, just remove goals. It goes against IFAB protocol not to have the pitch side monitor as well, any other league that and many others this season so far are given pens.

Premier League does have pitch side monitors. They are just leaving the decision to the VAR instead of inflicting long stoppages on the suffering supporters in the ground who do not have a clue what’s going on and just want to watch a game of football.

Premier League does have pitch side monitors. They are just leaving the decision to the VAR instead of inflicting long stoppages on the suffering supporters in the ground who do not have a clue what’s going on and just want to watch a game of football.

Which goes against the IFAB protocol.

I'm for VAR in some format.

I like the fact the ref doesn't go to the monitor and trusts the ref in the booth.

I just don't get how they're using it at the moment. Disallowing goals for stupid handballs - yes, the rules fault not so much VARs fault.
Today, I think, there should have been two pens. Wilson pulled back and Lerma stands on Silva's foot. There didn't even seem to be a review for Wilson's one. Silva's was a little more debatable the way he threw himself on the floor, but I would have wanted a pen if it'd been the other way around.

It does feel like they're making it as bad as possible so they can chalk it up to a failed experiment. It doesn't even add excitement on the TV cos you have no idea if they're reviewing it, other than the Sheff U game.

If that’s a pen for the slightest of contact on Wilson then we might as well ban contact altogether.

I'm for VAR in some format.

I like the fact the ref doesn't go to the monitor and trusts the ref in the booth.

I just don't get how they're using it at the moment. Disallowing goals for stupid handballs - yes, the rules fault not so much VARs fault.
Today, I think, there should have been two pens. Wilson pulled back and Lerma stands on Silva's foot. There didn't even seem to be a review for Wilson's one. Silva's was a little more debatable the way he threw himself on the floor, but I would have wanted a pen if it'd been the other way around.

It does feel like they're making it as bad as possible so they can chalk it up to a failed experiment. It doesn't even add excitement on the TV cos you have no idea if they're reviewing it, other than the Sheff U game.
So even when they use VAR you disagree with the outcome. ;-)

The 'man' wants VAR. Its been Skys wet dream for years, although I was pleased to see Jeff Stelling hates it!

More of the f*** VAR chants I hope. :)

Lerma on Silva was a stone wall penalty, got away with one there. Had there been a pitch side monitor the ref would have given it but it appears VAR aren’t going to change the on-field refs call when it’s a matter of opinion decision, only matter of fact. It does beg the question why we have to wait 2-3 minutes if they’re not actually going to give penalties when a ref hasn't.

appears VAR aren’t going to change the on-field refs call when it’s a matter of opinion decision, only matter of fact.

That's how it should be. Without the matter of opinions what would we be talking about after games? Debating it and talking to fans of other clubs in pubs, at work etc... is half the fun.

If it’s a matter of opinion it’s not a clear and obvious error...

You find me someone who doesn’t think it was a penalty for Silva yesterday. The point is for matters of opinion under the IFAB rules the on-field official makes the decisions by going to a screen at the side of the pitch. The PL doesn’t have it, so if they’re not actually going to make decisions against the referee why are we wasting time with them looking at it? Just have it stick to matters of fact which is all it’s ruled on so far anyway and stop wasting time with the other stuff.

You find me someone who doesn’t think it was a penalty for Silva yesterday. The point is for matters of opinion under the IFAB rules the on-field official makes the decisions by going to a screen at the side of the pitch. The PL doesn’t have it, so if they’re not actually going to make decisions against the referee why are we wasting time with them looking at it? Just have it stick to matters of fact which is all it’s ruled on so far anyway and stop wasting time with the other stuff.
Well the ref didn't give it, so there's one. I'm another. Plus five refs in the trailer park. ;-)

Marriner was clueless, particularly early on. City got away with a lot early on and he seemed frightened to get the card out so soon. can't imagine Lerma would have escaped a yellow for any one of those.

I don't think the slight touch on Callum was a penalty. I don't think Ederson was a red card. I do think Lerma on Silva was a penalty, amazed VAR didn't overturn that one. I do think Walker should have had a yellow for the first foul but assume that is nothing VAR would have looked at anyway.

;