VAR

Having just seen Arsenals disallowed goal and Man Utd penalty can VAR get any worse? Added to Brighton's penalty yesterday what a f...ing shambles.
Then add in the Norwich keeper being well off his line with both pen saves and you really wonder what is the point of it.

Having just seen Arsenals disallowed goal and Man Utd penalty can VAR get any worse? Added to Brighton's penalty yesterday what a f...ing shambles.
Then add in the Norwich keeper being well off his line with both pen saves and you really wonder what is the point of it.

To be fair, the melt down by that oaf Morgan on twitter after posting the gloating 3-2 tweet was worth the VAR errors alone. Just priceless.

...more talk about VAR than anything else in the game at present, I am not sure that what it is being used for just isn't worth all the interference. I know that we will never return to the poor old referees and linos just being human along with the players,managers and fans and just getting on with the game?

Not sure how many actually think that VAR has improved their experiences at matches and that it adds to the 'excitement' but I would like to see it banished!

...more talk about VAR than anything else in the game at present, I am not sure that what it is being used for just isn't worth all the interference. I know that we will never return to the poor old referees and linos just being human along with the players,managers and fans and just getting on with the game?

Not sure how many actually think that VAR has improved their experiences at matches and that it adds to the 'excitement' but I would like to see it banished!
As far as I am concerned it is a big turn off for me. I certainly don't want us relegated but losing VAR would be a plus.
When it came in it was going to correct clear and obvious errors and yes sometimes it does. However it is now being used to find things that don't exist. The time it takes for decisions is ridiculous, as Ian Wright said on MOTD it is disgraceful that the paying customer in the ground has not got a clue as to what is going on.
Get the refs to use the screen at pitchside and provided they are reasonably happy with their original decision like the Arsenal goal and Man Utd and Brighton penalties then just go with that.
The trouble is the ordinary fans have absolutely no voice in this at all.

It is absolutely farcical. How anyone (least of all a top level referee) could conclude that Brighton's penalty and Arsenal's disallowed goal were fouls defies comprehension. And the one that the VAR did get right in giving a penalty for the trip on Zaha only made Martin Atkinson look a complete idiot for thinking it was a dive and booking him.
People have complained, with some justification perhaps, that refereeing has been inconsistent, but now we have another added layer of control that just multiplies the inconsistencies, doubling the scope for errors, as well as ruining the spectacle for those that have paid to attend and adding to the players frustration and anger. It also undermines the on-field referee's authority and credibility - all negative effects of the sytem.
The trouble with reviewing things in slow motion is that the brain tends to apply the same criteria to the slowed action as it does to real time movement, which distorts proper comprehension of the incident.
Scrap VAR now!!

Just been catching up via Ref Watch. I was very keen for VAR before it arrived but at the minute, its just a mess! Being used inconsistently to say the least.

The Arsenal winning 'goal', absolutely horrendous decision, at first I actually thought there was a foul on the Arsenal player if anything but the reality is, there was nothing at all. Just a coming together of legs. If the VAR ref has to look at it several times, that means nothing clear and obvious has taken place.

The Brighton penalty against Everton....again, absolutely nothing in that, Keane accidentally catches the back of Donnelly's heel, that should never be a foul.

Man City....I still can't see if Silva touches it but if they have given him the goal, Sterling becomes active and it should be offside.

Zaha - a clear foul, not sure how he gets given the yellow initially but maybe his reputation made Atkinson give that decision. At least VAR gets it right in this instance, the kind of thing it should be for. Same as the second Man U penalty, a clear handball but to see if its inside the area or not. Mind you, the first Utd penalty was another shocking decision by VAR and an instance where they need to accept the ref got it right by not giving it.

Zaha might have have been booked at first because of his reputation?

As for that Arsenal winner - where was the clear and obvious error?!

Same with the first Man U penalty..

The on pitch refs won't trust the VAR guy with decisions like that !!

Zaha might have have been booked at first because of his reputation?

As for that Arsenal winner - where was the clear and obvious error?!

Same with the first Man U penalty..

The on pitch refs won't trust the VAR guy with decisions like that !!

I still don't know why the screens at the pitch side are not being used.....

I still don't know why the screens at the pitch side are not being used.....

Also didn't some managers complain about injuries picked up waiting whilst officials went to the screen in the FA cup trial a season or so ago ?

They probably think managers and players will surround that official who is looking at the screen ... well just book them for dissent then it would soon stop .

...could with VAR in The Championship though just seen a really soft penalty given to Brentford where the Bees player dived to con the Ref..

the QPR lad Eze looks a player as well reckon we should take a close look at him?

;