VAR

Yeah looking back at the replay there was definitely a handball in the buildup to Sharps goal.

So that begs the question: why did ours go to VAR for no reason at all, and yet the similarly scrappy Sheffield United goal, which as it turns did ACTUALLY have an offence in the buildup, didn’t?

This is what I was worried about. The fact that when and when they don’t decide to go to VAR is seemingly based on nothing at all. I was originally worried that they just wouldn’t use it when it would benefit the top teams, but nope, it’s just going to be arbitrarily s*** rather than s*** in a calculated way. Just look at the Watford one; why didn’t that go to VAR? Clear as day handball!

It’s never been about the technology for me, it’s the same old incompetent officiating baring it’s teeth. Giving an idiot an instant replay isn’t going to help when the same idiot doesn’t even know when he should be using said instant replay.

It did go to VAR - after as pointed our players appealed .

However the review was rejected pretty quickly .

Think it’s a shame that a goal and a moment like that should even be talked about that it could well have been disallowed.

And there is two point the premier league would have gifted a top team that var prevented. We should keep a running tally. It’s a much fairer league now! I love it.

Were waiting for you DJ ;)

It’s an awful law which will be reversed next year I’m sure, but it was the correct decision to rule the goal out under the current law.

And there is two point the premier league would have gifted a top team that var prevented. We should keep a running tally. It’s a much fairer league now! I love it.

Last minute decisions in matches between top six clubs isn't where we'll see how fairly VAR is being implemented.

Reactions: OBX
Time for both Brexit and also leaving his stupid FIFA law re handball.

Football is becoming a laughing stock just like Rugby Union with its myriad stupid laws.

In this case do we blame the new rule more than VAR?

Spurs players didn't appeal...but had it been given you can be certain they would have been moaning done afterwards.

As the Wolves captain said last week attacking players will have to jump without their hands near the ball and just hope they don't touch it!

All rather messy - there are bigger issues in the game that need to be sorted tbh.

How many goals with an accidental handball are scored...

VAR went against Brighton today and the goal was ruled out for offside.

So I expect most on here will agree with that decision and have nothing said against VAR on this occasion. ;)

Did anyone else notice the foul on King second half? Looked a pretty obvious penalty to me?
Yep, I thought the same. Was wondering why VAR didn't give it or even appear to check it. The TV coverage for VAR was much better last week, we knew exactly what was being reviewed and what wasn't. Today we had no idea - as viewers.

Did anyone else notice the foul on King second half? Looked a pretty obvious penalty to me?

What about the challenge by Mings on one of our forwards near the end of the second half? me and a villa fan i was watching with were convinced VAR would bring it back and give us a pen, even on the replay it looked stonewall

;