VAR

A six minute delay in the Man City game???
They may as well not have half time. Just let the players take a few minutes break every time VAR is used.
On a more serious note it can't do the players much good standing round in the cold and wet. Not good for muscle injuries etc.
the whole situation is disgraceful.

Still think 2 views and decide is fine. Taking 3 minutes plus is just crazy. However, if you still end up with VAR referees making weird decisions then no point having it especially as fans in the stadium can’t tell what is happening (unlike rugby)

Just taken 3 minutes and 20 seconds to disallow a Sheffield United goal for offside.

Both presenters for Sky thought it was a goal. “What has happened to the game” shouts Jeff Stelling.

VAR just took seconds to decide that a quite clear penalty, wasn’t.

The random wheel of fortune is spinning well this weekend.

Shambles.

3 and a half minutes to disallow a Sheffield United goal and a clear penalty by Arsenal not given. Our game is ruined. Put it in the bin!

Another wrong decision by the bent/biased/incompetent scumbags at Stockley Park.

ted mate - they’ve already ruined the game.

The Sheffield United one is a farce. Contradicts a decision earlier in the season whereby the defence cleared and they still ruled it off, and it’s probably not even offside anyway as they used the wrong frame to check.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned elsewhere (can’t be bothered to scroll through the childish post match nonsense on the match thread) but I swear yedlin was offside and they never brought out the red and blues lines. No useful replay. VAR just said it was good and on we went

even if he was onside surely the checks have to be done consistently? All seemed a bit fishy to me

I don’t know if this has been mentioned elsewhere (can’t be bothered to scroll through the childish post match nonsense on the match thread) but I swear yedlin was offside and they never brought out the red and blues lines. No useful replay. VAR just said it was good and on we went

even if he was onside surely the checks have to be done consistently? All seemed a bit fishy to me

I'm not convinced he was onside either. I saw one camera angle that "showed he was", but the one thing that is impossible to tell, yet makes a major difference, is seeing when the ball was actually played forward

This!

I always wonder how they sync a pitch-wide shot, with a close shot of the moment of impact showing the actual kick?

I'm not convinced he was onside either. I saw one camera angle that "showed he was", but the one thing that is impossible to tell, yet makes a major difference, is seeing when the ball was actually played forward

I posted this on the match thread, but it looked like the cross was deflected off of one of our players. So doesn’t that mean it doesn’t matter if he were offside? Since it came off our player?

Get rid of Sky, BT, VAR , PL and all that crap...disassociate from Fifa and all that sh#te...and get football back to normal Tv..
1st Div, 2nd Div, Third Div, 4th Div.
Pink football papers at 6.30!
Take the big money out. Above All...Take/Keep Americans Out !
British flat cap/ Tam o Shanter.... Working Mans game...then we are friggin smokin!
Minimum 8 Englishmen/ Scotsmen, Welsh/ Irish in each team.
Backwards is the new Forwards...otherwise there is no hope....its f#cked.
There was never any real problem with Referees ....just scapegoats for a team playing shite!
Football as it is with all the strip-changing , shirt sh#t and marketing bollix..full seating...is a f#cking Tragedy if you can remember it without.
Cede to USA.....and Regret! :shrug: There you have it....boiled, steamed or grilled!
Your Football.....Association Football !
Bolton and Bury style 1920....paradise!
The only...only thing... of 'progress' has been Disabled Access/ Viewing...thats about all!

Smoke that !

;