View from the posh seats

NornIron

First Team
By a long and boring set of circumstances I was in the posh seats at city today. Some observations:

1) City make a fortune in hospitality. The Tunnel Club is just weird. But you can’t argue with the millions it brings in. They’ll make more on prawn sandwiches than we do on the whole ground. (Thankfully I was a guest and didn’t have to pay!)

2) Eunan O’Kane was in the directors box having been invited by Bournemouth. He’s off crutches but still wobbly. Nice of the club to invite him.

3) Jeff wasn’t there today and it seemed like Jimmy Glass was the club’s rep with the Man City Directors. A long way from driving cabs but a good guy to have representing us.

4) Gozzo forgot his manners and cheered our goal. Jimmy grabbed his arm and shot him a serious dirty look.

5) spoke with the likes of Colin Bell, Franny Lee, Tony Book, Mike Summerbee. Real feeling that we’re the best side they’ve sen in the league this season.

6) Heated seats are awesome!!!

Different experience altogether.

By a long and boring set of circumstances I was in the posh seats at city today. Some observations:

1) City make a fortune in hospitality. The Tunnel Club is just weird. But you can’t argue with the millions it brings in. They’ll make more on prawn sandwiches than we do on the whole ground. (Thankfully I was a guest and didn’t have to pay!)

2) Eunan O’Kane was in the directors box having been invited by Bournemouth. He’s off crutches but still wobbly. Nice of the club to invite him.

3) Jeff wasn’t there today and it seemed like Jimmy Glass was the club’s rep with the Man City Directors. A long way from driving cabs but a good guy to have representing us.

4) Gozzo forgot his manners and cheered our goal. Jimmy grabbed his arm and shot him a serious dirty look.

5) spoke with the likes of Colin Bell, Franny Lee, Tony Book, Mike Summerbee. Real feeling that we’re the best side they’ve sen in the league this season.

6) Heated seats

Spoke to Eunan before the game. Still a long way to go to get back to full fitness.

That might explain the Bournemouth Taxi, complete with A.F.C.B. stickers, we saw when we were a couple of miles from the ground.

Ps Rob Trent has awesome eyesight, eyes like a hawk : )

Always good to hear these insights. You would have though Mostyn would have been at that one as he was once a Man City fan of sorts? I wouldn't read too much into it though, could be many reasons. I can't believe between all our rich owners and investors (ahem) that an ex keeper was the club rep! But I agree he does hold some gravitas when I have seen him.

Sounds great....as a one off. Re point 5, followed city fans out of the ground and you could hear snippets of conversation re how well we did and great we tried to play football rather than just defending. One fan was really impressed with our goal.

Lot of u-21 staff at the game (Cooper, Molesley, Stewart etc) as playing at Liverpool today.

;