Villa Forum

If you only remember Wilson going down for the penalty , you should get down the doctors for a memory test.

If you only remember Wilson going down for the penalty , you should get down the doctors for a memory test.

I try to focus more on the good stuff ...maybe you should get down to North Stand Chat .They would love you there .

I wouldn’t be embarrassed by anything an AFCB player does when he’s wearing the shirt other than not try ....mind you I did go through the Chukkie years so that might not quite be true .
That made me laugh. The first part, not theChukkie years.

I feel that I'm at a disadvantage here as I haven't read the Shaun Dyche book of acceptable and unacceptable forms of cheating....

Big clubitis, terrible disease, always amusing when it's a "big club" as everyone fails to realise just how much quicker and stronger this division is. I recall some little club scoring over a hundred and taking the Championship by storm, even we had a rude awakening when we got here

Against ?

I hate villa more than any other team. don't even have to explain why... most football fans would agree. everyone I have spoke to seems to hate villa more than any other team aswell.

Really? Heard of Chelsea? Usually come out top of the most hated teams polls :grinning: Didn't have any issues on Saturday myself, most of the Villa fans seemed ok - few discussions about their lack of firepower with them.

Interesting that MOTD didn't show wee man getting booked for diving v Sheffield not Billing's booking and subsequent offences. Wonder why?

As for the dark arts....this comes up occasionally. As we went up the league, we all thought that AFCB were 'too nice'. We saw teams come to play us and do all the clever stuff to gain advantage of us. Eventually we started to learn to stand up to them and certain fans of other clubs [ Stoke being one example ], didn't like getting it back.
Whether we agree or not...every team does it when they need to....every side has one or two that will go down too easily and every club will have tricks to slow a game down.
Some Villa fans moaning about us....but they did it too at times ....the example of Grealish above, when he thought Billing could be sent off, staying down longer than he needed to.
If any of our fans think we shouldn't ever do it....it would be a little naive sad to say. The other clubs will carry it on, as long as the laws of the game allow clubs to push the boundaries.

Interesting that MOTD didn't show wee man getting booked for diving v Sheffield not Billing's booking and subsequent offences. Wonder why?

Our edits have always been a bit strange. Goals On Sunday didn't show the foul on Josh, neither did Ref Watch this morning, although the latter discussed the potential foul by Ramsdale [ which they all dismissed anyway ].

Our edits have always been a bit strange. Goals On Sunday didn't show the foul on Josh, neither did Ref Watch this morning, although the latter discussed the potential foul by Ramsdale [ which they all dismissed anyway ].
MOTD decided to omit Fraser's long run down the left wing and shot, which I thought was a key moment, whilst the Villa highlights package on Youtube shows us in a few attacking positions which I totally forgot about (that weren't featured on the COWS edit).

Between the opposition's Youtube material, AFCB's own highlights, Match of the Day and the free Sky Sports stuff you can download - you *might* get a fair reflection of the game!

I hate villa more than any other team. don't even have to explain why... most football fans would agree. everyone I have spoke to seems to hate villa more than any other team aswell.

Everyone hates Villa more than any other team?

This'll be news to Leeds... and Millwall... and Stoke, Man U, West Ham, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Cardiff, Spurs and a few others.

I'm guessing 'everyone you spoke to' all live in Small Heath!

MOTD decided to omit Fraser's long run down the left wing and shot, which I thought was a key moment, whilst the Villa highlights package on Youtube shows us in a few attacking positions which I totally forgot about (that weren't featured on the COWS edit).

Between the opposition's Youtube material, AFCB's own highlights, Match of the Day and the free Sky Sports stuff you can download - you *might* get a fair reflection of the game!

Good point Sam....I think if they had included the Fraser chance especially....it would have shown that we had kind of weathered their storm with Solanke coming on and were pushing to get the third goal at the end.

We've been in the PL five seasons now and, remarkably, people still don't understand how MOTD and that Sky match choice thing at 10.30pm are put together.

It's simple. They have a time slot and have to squeeze in what they can. In a shock move they'll usually pick the bits that are the most exciting and/or the bits which will inspire discussion or discontent.

We've been in the PL five seasons now and, remarkably, people still don't understand how MOTD and that Sky match choice thing at 10.30pm are put together.

It's simple. They have a time slot and have to squeeze in what they can. In a shock move they'll usually pick the bits that are the most exciting and/or the bits which will inspire discussion or discontent.
I'd argue that a couple of the included moments, such as, say - McGinn's long range effort, was not half as last ditch as the Ake clearance just before half-time for instance. Still, McGinn's *looked* a dramatic effort, even though it was not on target, so I suppose it ticks the aesthetic box moreso than the one which actually tested us.

From my understanding, the match editors "score" various moments in the match out of ten in terms of it being a "key" moment. A goal is ten, red card ten, and then a descending scale of moments of interest - and then at the end they simply will pick the highest rating moments and give it one minute each or whatever they can afford.

;