Villa Forum

They were a decent lot on the whole. I almost got the feeling on the way back via Aston / New Street that they really don't believe that this season will be anything other than a struggle, something they are so used to.

They were talking about the quality in our team, Fraser, Wilson and King and how we soaked it up and looked so dangerous on the break. A fair reflection I would say.

Dead right about silencing them, the double whammy absolutely knocked the stuffing out of the Holte End . It might be a long season for them.
Yeah I agree on the way back, reality had set in, I think. I am not sure what I think about them yet. They will gel more, and be less naive at the back. Not sure, where the goals will come from though, and not convinced about their defence. Heaton was a massive signing, penalty aside.

As an aside one fan who was from Poole by coincidence, said to me 'I think you'll survive.'

I said, 'Survive? F##k me, we'll finish top ten!'

Even after 5 years, we are still little old Bournemouth.

I don't for a second think any forum is a reflection on it's fan base. Emotions running high after a game, plus good old booze playing a part. Nah, they are just really fun reading.

Lol most of them think that we are a a bunch of cheating diving cnts......:p.......I think my assessment that they are the new Stoke may be spot on!......just the type of whingeing... self entitled.... deluded arseholes we love beating.
But don't you want to look away in embarrassment just a little at some of our antics? We're a good team so why that is necessary I don't know.

Yeah I agree on the way back, reality had set in, I think. I am not sure what I think about them yet. They will gel more, and be less naive at the back. Not sure, where the goals will come from though, and not convinced about their defence. Heaton was a massive signing, penalty aside.

As an aside one fan who was from Poole by coincidence, said to me 'I think you'll survive.'

I said, 'Survive? F##k me, we'll finish top ten!'

Even after 5 years, we are still little old Bournemouth.
Even some of our own supporters still think the season is about surviving.
Most pundits see us as an established EPL club now.
The new promoted clubs see us as a tinpot club they should beat.
Aston Villa have just found out that finishing in the top ten is way off the mark.

Even some of our own supporters still think the season is about surviving.
Most pundits see us as an established EPL club now.
The new promoted clubs see us as a tinpot club they should beat.
Aston Villa have just found out that finishing in the top ten is way off the mark.

Maybe some supporters feel that way, but the professionals on those clubs always talk about Bournemouth to be the club they most aspire to be. Makes me feel good how so many coaches talk of following in Bournemouth's path or watching Bournemouth and want to emulate them. Obviously, they say all of that in King's English, but don't think any body but a fan trying to wind another fan up would say Bournemouth is a tinpot club. Had to ADD - or CherryBright.
They have to build the new stadium at some point, but doing that during FFP is going to be tricky.

Last edited:
Investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt from FFP calculations.

Thank you, I didn't know that. I have always thought that was why it was going slowly. I guess, the old "Owner pulling profits out" is the next obvious guess.

LOL

Stadium improvements don't count towards FFP, luckily, else no grounds would ever get built. However they do still need to be profitable as too few folk are prepared to throw money hand over fist at a club anymore

Reactions: OBX
Stadium improvements don't count towards FFP, luckily, else no grounds would ever get built. However they do still need to be profitable as too few folk are prepared to throw money hand over fist at a club anymore
Understood, I really didn't know that.

In the US, the city the club is in supplies a lot of the money for stadiums etc... Is that how it is done in UK?

They seem very reliant on things like “ possession stats “ to tell themselves that they were just extremely unlucky .. reminds me of us back in the day ... got a feeling Villa and their hundred mill spend are in for a tough season .

Not checked to see how many of their new players are playing, but to bring in 11 or so new players just can’t be a good move.

I thought after their last campaign they’d be ok in the Prem - but then they went and done a Fulham.

Understood, I really didn't know that.

In the US, the city the club is in supplies a lot of the money for stadiums etc... Is that how it is done in UK?

Very much not, just see attitudes on this forum towards our council

Not checked to see how many of their new players are playing, but to bring in 11 or so new players just can’t be a good move.

I thought after their last campaign they’d be ok in the Prem - but then they went and done a Fulham.

Three of them were on loan there last season so it isn't as bad as it looks. Even so, eight new faces is still a lot.

;