Villa - The Verdict

Absolutely this. In the second half you could just see that our players were terrified to get too close to him when he was in a dangerous position ! Totally unfair, we were already down to ten men but knew if we even made Grealish sneeze the ref would be giving an instant free kick and probably a yellow card. So in the second half Villa had a bigger advantage than just the extra man. When I see the protection Grealish got and Wee Man NEVER gets and then for comparison in this game the protection afforded to Callum from the ref and lino in the second half, when he permanently had some Villa player’s arms wrapped around him, it just makes the whole game weighted and unfair. Lerma’s second yellow was an utter joke too.
Now I’m going over to the ref slagging thread and looking forward to reading how you all saw it.

Great result despite officials with an agenda !
:utc:

When you see what players like granit hacker at arsenal get away with vs Jeff it makes me very angry. One of jeff’s recent yellows was a total joke. I think mings also gets the benefit of the doubt too vs Steve cook

Isn’t that 2 crosses from Franno resulting in a goal in last two games ?
Francis has always been one of the best crossers of the ball at the club problem is he isnt suited to full back in this league so generally we wont see him crossing the ball

Sssshhh, you have to keep it quiet, the Franno bashers don't want to hear things like, he's been in central defence for our last three league wins.

Don't get me wrong, I never want to see him at RB again, but, at CB he's still a massive part of this team.
I think a lot of the frustration re Franno this season has been misplaced, EH has messed about with the entire shape and personnel of the team on numerous occasions to fit him in, and it’s ended up backfiring almost every time. But this is not Franno’s fault. It’s a simple choice EH has to make, you either play Franno or Cook, you can’t play both while Ake is fit.

I think a lot of the frustration re Franno this season has been misplaced, EH has messed about with the entire shape and personnel of the team on numerous occasions to fit him in, and it’s ended up backfiring almost every time. But this is not Franno’s fault. It’s a simple choice EH has to make, you either play Franno or Cook, you can’t play both while Ake is fit.
Franno was absolutely superb at Chelsea alongside Mepham. No Ake, no Cook and no Smith in that game and he bossed Chelsea.

Trouble is with franno he has had a serious injury and has done really well to return within the year. It takes time to get back to match fitness and even more so at his age when it was clear he was losing some pace. Thus can’t expect him to come straight back and perform at top level.

It takes time with a willingness of everyone to accept he will make errors until he gets back into shape. This is why Lewis cook is struggling as he isn’t getting in the same chance.

;