W*tford vs 'Muff: The Dirtiest Team?

The underpinning thing about the Hornets Nest...is simply that they don't like dropping points to a club they regard as smaller than them...that's all its about !
Plus...For some years now we've replaced Luton as a hate target.
And..If we get separated from them by a large enough points total...it will all diminish.

yes and still p1ssed we beat them to the championship title last game all those years ago.

I am bored of them. Really don’t bother looking at their comments.

Re their disciplinary record, I think they don’t oppose negative, intimidatory football as that’s visible but Bmth do the cheating in a sneaky way.

my response is the same; when in Rome....

Last edited:
Can't find it but there is a vid from Watford fan channel(WD 18?)when we played at vic road a couple season s ago;Watford's player sent off after handball in pen area(not sure maybe someone more tech savvy can find it.)
This is how it went(from poor memory)

Interviewer ;what did you think of pen?
Interviewee ;no way was it a penalty!
Interviewer; I've seen it and it's definalty hand ball.
Interviewee,It was an accident ,I didn't see it but no way was it handball.

So looking for the views of our always rational, emotionally stable friends on the Hornets Nest forum, I couldn't help but notice that many seem to be a tad...aggrieved at our tactics in the game on Saturday.

Some choice quotes include:
- "Bournemouth are the dirtiest cheating team we have to play in recent years"
- "They are a nasty side who want to break the legs of our players. It's out of order"
- Dear God :grinning: "Almost every game against them leaves me seething with rage at their disgusting, filthy tactics".

Et cetera, et cetera.

Now I'm not completely blind, the recent game was very spicy. Kelly should've been sent off for that tackle, was not a nice one. I don't think it's quite as bad as has been made out, but a definite red for sure. Billing could've had a red too- just like Garner and Chalobah. But these mystical dark arts that we supposedly employ, that make us the "dirtiest team in all the land"- it's a bit vague. Are we diving cheats, or bloodthirsty, feral hackers setting out to break the legs of every poor Watford player who's unfortunate to play against us? Or BOTH???

Unfortunately, there are no real, legitimate statistics online for simulation that I could find. I'm willing to admit that Fraser and Smith have been a bit liberal in this regard. Every team has someone that goes down easily. It would be ridiculous not to admit it. Watford, for example, have a proud lineage of divers stretching across our entire 7 year rivalry; from Forrestieri, to Capoue, to Deulofeu, to Pelican or Perica or whatever a few days ago; some really pathetic, objective playacting. I can't physically prove that they're worse at diving than us, so to any Hornets Nest Watford fans reading this: 1.) Eat **************** and 2.) Stop being such fucking hypocrites you absolute cretins.

So are we "a team of divers?". Nope, we are team with some divers in it, just like Watford, and just like every other club in the world. And no stat can prove otherwise. But are we a dirty team; a team of hackers, of constantly dishing out legbreaking tackles? Well funnily enough, there are several stats we can look at for this. If we were a dirty team, a dirtier team than Watford (who are so unbelievably uptight about this in particular), then the stats will surely back this up?

Right?? :grinning:

The Stats: Season by Season
We can start off with a look at where it all began; 2014-15. The year Watford bottled it and we became deserving Champions. I think if you were to look at the stats that are the best indicators of "dirty play", the 3 best bets would be fouls, bookings, and sending offs. Lets have a look shall we:

2014/15
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 466 (20th)
Bookings: 77 (11th)
Reds: 3 (17th)

Watford:
Fouls: 487 (19th)
Bookings: 75 (13th)
Reds: 7 (1st)

Interestingly enough, neither us nor Watford look particularly dirty yet. Watford just edge it by having the most red cards in the league, but nothing heinous really. I won't add any commentary on the rest of these seasons because I think you'll find the stats speak for themselves.

2015/16
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 361 (18th)
Bookings: 51 (16th)
Reds: 1 (17th)

Watford:
Fouls: 459 (3rd)
Bookings: 73 (2nd)
Reds: 3 (11th)

2016/17
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 368 (20th)
Bookings: 52 (20th)
Reds: 3 (7th)

Watford:
Fouls: 517 (1st)
Bookings: 84 (1st)
Reds: 5 (1st)

2017/18
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 339 (20th)
Bookings: 55 (12th)

Watford:
Fouls: 441 (2nd)
Bookings: 63 (7th)
Reds: 4 (3rd)

2018/19
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 340 (16th)
Bookings: 60 (9th)

Watford:
Fouls: 433 (2nd)
Bookings: 77 (1st)
Reds: 4 (2nd)

2019/20
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 369 (17th)
Bookings: 74 (4th)
Reds: 3 (10th)

Watford:
Fouls: 481 (1st)
Bookings: 76 (3rd)
Reds: 3 (6th)

2020/21 (so far)
Bournemouth:

Fouls: 95 (10th)
Bookings: 11 (13th)
Reds: 0 (21st)

Watford:
Fouls: 116 (2nd)
Bookings: 13 (1st)
Reds: 0 (14th)

Hang on a minute, these stats can't be right! You're telling me that Watford fans spout off about how dirty we are every. single. matchday- and yet they've outperformed us in these stats every single year, for 7 years straight? But why would they lie?! As a nice exclamation point on these stats, the totals over the 7 years are as follows:

Bournemouth:
Fouls: 2,338
Bookings: 380
Reds: 12

Watford:
Fouls: 2,934
Bookings: 461
Reds: 26

Over 600 more fouls...over 80 additional bookings...more than double the amount of red cards we've had. Well, according to the cold, hard numbers; not only are Watford a considerably dirtier team than us, they actually rank, over their recent 5 year stint in the PL, as one of the dirtiest teams in the entire league. Who'd have thunk it, eh? :grinning:. But it could be worse, at least they're not as dirty as someone like Wimbledon--

View attachment 4362

Nevermind.

I had a lot of fun making this, as you can probably tell :grinning:. So to conclude: Watford fans (or rather, the ones on the Hornets nest). Please stop bitching about how dirty we are, and have a long hard look in the mirror (as unpleasant as that might be). You're a dirtier team than Wimbledon in less games, you've had double our red cards, over 80 more bookings, committed over 600 more fouls than us. The best part being that, with an incredibly consistent management team, with the same ideas, with the same approach to the game, we have remained one of the least dirty teams in the PL. You, however, with your 13 managers in just over 7 years: the only consistent part of your philosophy has been being one of the dirtiest fucking teams in the country.

I guess being a bunch of nasty fuckers is just a part of your clubs DNA... https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...gises-for-okane-cartoon-in-watford-programme/
Excellent work ! A+ !

;