Wales.

I am quite shocked at the number of forum members that know what a plumber really does in these movies.
I take it your favourite sites are..
1.AFCB Vitals
2. Red Tube......well it would be wouldn't it.
The plumber only has half the fun of the pizza delivery man.

I went to the game. Just got back. Some thoughts.

The Welsh national anthem is awesome. The Slovak anthem was greeted with respectful silence and polite applause. I think the Slovak fans were gearing up to do something similar but then looked shell shocked by the noise and passion. It provided a real lift for Wales from the off.

For me, Brooks had a mixed performance in the number 10 role in the first half. Two good efforts on goal and at times he was just too good for his markers. But I thought there were a few occasions when he tried to force things when it wasn’t on, thus losing possession rather than recycling and retaining the ball. In the second half he was less effective out wide but clearly doing what he had been asked to. Good cross to Bale at one point.

It was hard to believe that Mepham only has about five caps. He was assured and a natural leader. Like True Cherry I thought he had a great game. BTW he interacted really well with Joe Allen who was playing just in front of him, if we were in the market for another CM.

I have never seen Gareth Bale play live. At times he was so strong and dominant it was like watching a 14 year old playing in an under 12 match. It was funny though when he had to stop to sort out his man bun when it came loose.

I agree with AC that Wales were poor in the second half but I think Giggs reacted to that with some good game management towards the end. I groaned inwardly when Ashley Williams came on but going to three at the back worked well to shore things up to grind out a result.

Last edited:

The Welsh national anthem is awesome. The Slovak anthem was greeted with respectful silence and polite applause. I think the Slovak fans were gearing up to do something similar but then looked shell shocked by the noise and passion. It provided a real lift for Wales from the off.

For me, Brooks had a mixed performance in the number 10 role in the first half. Two good efforts on goal and at times he was just too good for his markers. But I thought there were a few occasions when he tried to force things when it wasn’t on, thus losing possession rather than recycling and retaining the ball. In the second half he was less effective out wide but clearly doing what he had been asked to. Good cross to Bale at one point.

It was hard to believe that Mepham only has about five caps. He was assured and a natural leader. Like True Cherry I thought he had a great game. BTW he interacted really well with Joe Allen who was playing just in front of him, if we were in the market for another CM.

I have never seen Gareth Bale play live. At times hw was so strong and dominant it was like watching a 14 year old playing in an under 12 match. It was funny though when he had to stop to sort out his man bun when it came loose.

I agree with AC that Wales were poor in the second half but I think Giggs reacted to that with some good game management towards the end. I groaned inwardly when Ashley Williams came on but going to three at the back worked well to shore things up to grind out a result.
The greatest national anthem in the world and the coolest flag.

I have never seen Gareth Bale play live. At times he was so strong and dominant it was like watching a 14 year old playing in an under 12 match. It was funny though when he had to stop to sort out his man bun when it came loose.

Good review there ta. What did you make of Daniel James 'in the flesh'? I have been so impressed by him whenever I have seen him on TV, so fast and direct, I am thinking he would be a superb player for us. I know he isn't the biggest lad but seems to use what he has to great effect.

I did order a Wales shirt yesterday, not had one for years, I do have Welsh blood , honest! As you say, their anthem is just miles ahead of the one the English have to sing!

That will be because he uses it to cover the fact that he going bald.
Obviously very conscious of it as he panics every time the bun comes lose.

B6E40DF3-1E96-441C-BBAB-93142B428D5E.jpeg

As for Daniel James, most of what I remember about him was from the first half. Wales started with a ferocious tempo and the front four took every chance to press the Slovak defence. James’s goal was part of that and, from where I was sat, he both made it and took it really well.

He was fast and incisive and seemed comfortable going both inside and outside defenders. That reminded me of the Ryan Fraser who roasted Bellerin in the 3:3 draw with Arsenal a couple of years ago.

James seemed reasonably two footed. His passing and decision making was OK but could have been better. This may be unfair but it seemed me that he was a bit starstruck by Gareth Bale because he always seemed to be looking to pass to the (balding) superstar when sometimes other options might have been better. That impression might have been because I wanted him to give it to Brooks of course.

I could see him doing very well under Eddie’s coaching.

;