Watford v AFC Bournemouth Preview

Watched first half on recording and MOTD last night.

Referee was spot on with his decisions.

Player made the mistake of going up with Begovic by leading with his arm into our keeper. Then first grabbing King’s shirt and then bringing him down shortly after, was a justified second yellow followed with red.

Hsyb
They have serious issues with us. It’s like they’ve just lost to Mansfield town, not a better team than them. 3 soft goals (I take it one was acceptable), poor refereeing decisions, wasn’t a penalty, wasn’t 2 yellow cards

Honestly.....get over it.

The reality is that is a segment of their fan base. We can choose to filter what we read if it helps confirm a belief or view of other clubs.

There has been just as much self blaming talk on those forums and phone ins as the hostility towards us. Have some of our players gone down easily in the past? Yes. Was it the case yesterday? No. The same topic comes up with Brighton, Burnley, Southampton.

We are all doing well in the Premier league, surely there are other bigger battles to fight! (And we are SIXTH btw,lets enjoy that :) )

An alternative view ....

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue they got any undeserved yellows (although, bizarrely, some of their fans are trying) but they do have a point in that we should have received more yellows. A Smith in the first half and S Cook in the second. Having said that, that thug was lucky to only get a yellow for that awful challenge on Brooks. They really have history for this sort of thing when losing. Remember the horrible scything down of O'Kane that put him out for weeks in the Championship?

Hsyb

The reality is that is a segment of their fan base. We can choose to filter what we read if it helps confirm a belief or view of other clubs.

There has been just as much self blaming talk on those forums and phone ins as the hostility towards us. Have some of our players gone down easily in the past? Yes. Was it the case yesterday? No. The same topic comes up with Brighton, Burnley, Southampton.

We are all doing well in the Premier league, surely there are other bigger battles to fight! (And we are SIXTH btw,lets enjoy that :) )

An alternative view ....

How about a fan cam for us? As great as this forum is since podcasts went we are a bit thin on the ground in terms of different interaction methods.

For those who haven’t seen the challenge on Brooks, here is a screenshot just before he makes contact.

If the ref sees that it’s got to be a red surely?

Attachments

• 2F65939B-8E33-44C0-82A5-487236550EC1.png
    2F65939B-8E33-44C0-82A5-487236550EC1.png
    849.1 KB · Views: 40
For those who haven’t seen the challenge on Brooks, here is a screenshot just before he makes contact.

If the ref sees that it’s got to be a red surely?
Truly cynical and the TV shows he tried two more attempts to go in with his studs during the same contact.

BBC website are saying Ake won every ariel and ground dual he had and made eight clearances,I thought he was very good today but that's brilliant.What must he be worth then

The other stat I like (on a newspaper site which I can't find now) is that 10 of Watford's 12 shots were blocked. We really seem to have upped the intensity of defending and blocking since halfway through last season.

Have you read that post at 9.25 am.

Even goes on about our owner and Russia.

Same poster who did their review (talking of Russians).

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-fc-0-afc-bournemouth-06-10-2018.55062/page-8
Yes, I read that in wonderment. I was thinking initially he was a wannabe comedy writer but after a while realised he was serious. Total buffoon like a lot more on there. A few sensible posts giving us due praise. Really made me laugh those who said their player should not have been given the first yellow!

Deliberate arm in the face of Begovic, studs up lunge on Brooks and a nasty knee in the back of Smith.

I'm glad we've got a couple of weeks to recover before our next game and we're not playing them again for a while.

Here's a new one for me from the Watfor forum .....
During their rise up the league Eddie Howe is known to have files on all referees and how they react to certain situations. It is a direct decision by Eddie Howe to his players to make the most of info in the files.
He is a good Manager at Bournemouth. Can he do it somewhere else? He is confident, arrogant

Have you read that post at 9.25 am.

Even goes on about our owner and Russia.

Same poster who did their review (talking of Russians).

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-fc-0-afc-bournemouth-06-10-2018.55062/page-8

Very disappointing. I found out the score at half time from someone with a phone and it quite took the spice out of my cumbia and merengue for the remainder of the fiesta.

I saw the highlights and, what a shock, yet another penalty for Bournemouth. That's SIX penalties to them in only eight Premiership games this season. That's way, way beyond coincidence and 'luck' isn't it? That's beyond belief for even the most credible of innocents. There's quite patently something going on when statistics are so obviously warped like that.

On MOTD the commentator brought this up and said "that says to me Bournemouth are playing a lot of football in the opposition penalty area". What it says to, no what it SCREAMS to me is diving, simulation, play acting, actively playing for and seeking penalties as a deliberate strategy or other forms of gamesmanship. Bournemouth are perverting the game of football. Plain and simple.

There needs to be some sort of investigation about bringing the game into disrepute. For me, a subsequent heavy points deduction needs to be imposed to dissuade other teams from following this despicable ruining of the game.

How galling to lose to them when we were so clearly the better team by far. And especially by such a scoreline! What a horrible excuse for a ref. This owner of theirs is a Russkie, isn't he? Victorovich or something. A "secretive" Russian "businessman".

We all know how our country has been attacked in recent times by the Russians. We all know what "secretive Russian businessman" means. An outrage. Trying to twist and pervert our democratic processes. Poisoning and hacking and paying people off. The enquiry I mentioned above should also examine the bank accounts of the referees involved to see if there have been any recent substantial transfers of Roubles.

The first goal was a prime example. Our boys pouring forward had them on the rack. Playing beautiful football. Tearing them to shreds. Shot after shot after shot hammering in as their lumbering desperadoes frantically threw any body part in the way to try to protect their goal.

The ball falls to Will Hughes who looses a glorious shot which was a goal every inch of the way, until two of the hulking Muffer defenders jump together, both arms raised like a pair of basketball guards and manage to punch the ball away far away down field. Although this would have been called a straightforward penalty in any game in the world, the ref pretends not to notice and sprints off downfield thinking of the retirement holiday dacha on the Black Sea he's been promised by fat Colonel Victorivich.

Astounded and stunned to momentary shocked immobility at the lack of a whistle, the Muff are able to break away into our half and get an unopposed cross in. Ben Foster makes a brilliant save, but unfortunately the unlucky bounce of the ball takes it to some horrible little blond haired kid who's standing around in the penalty area and, with our valiant and honest players grounded and unable to prevent it, he's able to slyly and sneekily tap it completely unopposed into the empty net. One of the most disgusting 'goals' I've ever witnessed.

And they even had the brass neck to celebrate afterwards. The beaming ref only just about remembering that he shouldn't leap in and join the celebrations and contenting himself with a simple shout of "Da! Da!" and a thumbs up to a group of unsmiling men in identical black suits and sunglasses who were sitting in the first rows of the stand behind the Bournemouth dugout.

Obviously even that outrage didn't satisfy them and they must have seen how much we were still all over them and outplaying them, because just a few moments later the message must have come through from Moscow and one of the sunglasses men whispered into his lapel the old familiar cry of "Пеиalty!" and the rest we know.

Shameful.

Love it, what a plonker.

;