Watford v AFC Bournemouth Preview

...blimey I fly away for the weekend from Luton...in my AFCB getting some stick from a couple of passing Watford fans...pity I can’t meet up with them now!

After 8 games last year we were second from bottom on 4 points. Admittedly it was a slightly harder schedule but we did play and lose to Watford (h), Everton (a) and West Brom (h). We also lost to Spurs, Arsenal and Man City. So the fixtures have been kinder but beating West Ham and Watford away this season are probably the best results to date

Cardiff, Huddersfield and Watford I think going down after that showing. Can’t think of three worse teams. Watford obviously got lucky with their start (mostly home games). Get that money on them going down now while their odds are still longish. They looked hopeless today really. Newcastle 2 up now at Utd, the gap to Watford will soon close. Wolves will pummel them.

Lucky result. Fluked the first goal, and then - thanks to a cr@p referee, we found ourselves 3 up at half time. Against a team down to 10 men, who had deserved to be in front at the halfway mark. 2nd half we got a lucky break early on to go 4 up. Then - thanks to poor play, poor tactics, and poor management & decision making - we couldn’t capitalise on this.

Mark my words, Watford are heading for European football, and us? We’re doomed.

Last edited:
Absolutely buzzing after that!

Some dodgy moments early on, especially the free header, but we looked so lethal on the counter and it was done at 2-0. The rest of the match it was lovely to just laugh at Watford fans trooping out and crying about a couple of decisions going against them. We could/should have had more, overplayed it a few times.

King was immense even without the goals, he is so strong with his back to goal. Lerma really looks the part and is exactly what we've missed, that moment in the 2nd half when he won the ball despite being basically on the floor was outrageous. Ake once again was a rock, if Maguire is worth 75m, what is he worth??

Rubbish away facilities at Vicarage Road. Think there was one person selling beers for the entire away support section! Once again great away support and it drowned out the monotonous drum.

HahahHahahaha I just love this board, people are still moaning after we’ve tonked the golden shower boys 4-0 away, God bless you all. :hug::hug::hug:

PS Where’s Monsieur Vin Rouge tonight?

I've just seen the running order for MOTD tonight for the seven games, it is as follows:

Manchester United v Newcastle United

Not if the Geordies end up winning - it’ll be relegated to last just to piss Shearer off.:hehe:

By the way, our 4th goal, just how many passes did we make leading up to it?? Must have been 20+. Absolutely quality goal!

Blimey. Any tips for the lottery tonight?
Better than that watford fan Chris Stark who was tipping alongside Lawro this week....4-0 .. 'We can get a lot of points this season, and the dream would be to finish in a Champions League place. It is achievable, I genuinely think it is'. ..........you got to laugh...they never learn...every season'...:lol:

On 2nd Sept I wrote this on another thread:-
"Watford have boiled the kettle early, but is there enough steam left for the rest of the season? IMO they will soon start to slide down the table."
Well the kettle has boiled and the gas company have turned off the supply! Hornets have lost their sting and have been zapped. :utc:

;