We want to build a squad that can be competitive in the Championship

He also mentioned the appointment of a manager as opposed to the “head coach” that Jonathan Woodgate was... can we read anything into that? Nope.

What I read into it is him say in this current squad, perfectly capable of being competitive in the Championship, will be broken up, hence the need to re-build.

Let’s see what team lines up in august. Same as last season when all the talk was erroneously about fire sale etc.

There will be sales of some star players - understandable and needs to happen - but still think the afcb budget can be a good one in this league as clubs are losing decent players at lower prices eg Ben Pearson . So no point trying to second guess before the event

The board should have had a plan from the end of the season. Plan A if we went up, presumably keep JW? Plan B for if we don’t. Time already wasted for the new manager, assuming he is new. If JW is unveiled again the board will look (and be) even more stupid than the last time.

From our chairman today. Is it me or does that sound pretty uninspiring?

Sounds like the small silver haired fraud Jeff Mostyn. At least he can't take £4m a year when we're in PL. To paraphrase his true intentions "600k a year in the Championship is simply not enough for me to act like an untalented Charlie Chaplin, let's find a squad for cheap and get my salary back to where it should be"

Sounds like the small silver haired fraud Jeff Mostyn. At least he can't take £4m a year when we're in PL. To paraphrase his true intentions "600k a year in the Championship is simply not enough for me to act like an untalented Charlie Chaplin, let's find a squad for cheap and get my salary back to where it should be"
I have looked at the accounts but cannot see any remuneration at that level. Could you provide the evidence to substantiate?

The board should have had a plan from the end of the season. Plan A if we went up, presumably keep JW? Plan B for if we don’t. Time already wasted for the new manager, assuming he is new. If JW is unveiled again the board will look (and be) even more stupid than the last time.
The Board should have had a plan for EH departure.

Why all this animosity to Jeff Mostyn? He saved the club from winding up with his own money. I for one would not put that sort of money, if I had it, into anything without expecting to reap a decent return. If he is as well paid as some on here think then I wonder how his salary compares with other clubs in a similar position to ours. He is just one of the board, they all are culpable if things are going wrong behind the scenes.

Why all this animosity to Jeff Mostyn? He saved the club from winding up with his own money. I for one would not put that sort of money, if I had it, into anything without expecting to reap a decent return. If he is as well paid as some on here think then I wonder how his salary compares with other clubs in a similar position to ours. He is just one of the board, they all are culpable if things are going wrong behind the scenes.
Yes, you’re right of course, Mostyn did do that (and shafted a few along the way which is often forgotten)...so does that give him a free pass for ever and a day?

Very well said that man. Short memories some folk. We're essentially a Div 3 club that's punched well above our weight for a few years, thanks in no small part to Mr Mostyn keeping us afloat a while ago.

I have no faith whatsoever in the hierarchy at the club. Wouldn't surprise me if they took a cheap option and appointed Steve Purchase.

No animosity here. Jeff was key part of our survival. The problem is the Board completely stood still and had no plan post-Eddie. No investment in the training facilities or ground, no strategy for succession and just hoping for the best. It comes across as amateurish, lazy and complacent. Little to suggest the next appointment will be any different.

Football clubs are like other businesses, those that stand still get left behind. Just not sure Jeff, Blake or any of our Board have the skills or experience to establish us as a Championship club.

;