Wee Man - not going anywhere

Doesn’t sound great with regards to him being a player the season after that though which means we lose him for nothing

Doesn’t sound great with regards to him being a player the season after that though which means we lose him for nothing

Indeed, doesn’t sound like there’s much or any chance he will sign a new deal. He’s deliberately ticking his contract down to get the biggest deal elsewhere.

If that’s his motivation and that’s what has inspired him to this seasons form then he’s played a blinder.

I’d sell him though if I thought there was no chance of him signing a new deal.

Even selling him for half market value I’d back us to find a gem who will develop to the right level over the next few years.

You only need to look at Aaron Ramsey to see the benefit of seeing down your contract. What the buying club doesn’t spend in fees goes straight to the player instead. From his point of view, what’s 1 more year ... nothing really.

I see no problem with this. No point getting distracted by the inevitable and spending the next 12-months moaning about it. If this is his intention then equally he’s not pushing for a move away (but rather, looking to play well to increase his stock) and will continue to apply himself for the team, which is all that matters really.

The gamble for the player, which is worth them thinking about, is if you run your contract down and then tear your ligaments in April you are a free agent not getting paid anything other than insurance money with no club physio to help you or experts in Dubai etc.

I think he will sign a contract in the summer for us or someone else.

Why the hostility above to Aberdeen FC? We got Fraser for peanuts and a sell-on for them is completely justified. Good to see a team outside the Glasgow Two making a decent effort in the SPL.

I watched on Saturday for signs of a “goodbye” from Wee Man. Not a hint of it during the lap at the end - he seemed very engaged with his teammates and with the fans.

Hmm, I wouldn't get excited just yet.

I can certainly see Wee Man's logic in getting himself the best contract possible in 12 months time, his intention to stay another year and then go makes perfect sense for his financial position long term. But some speculative bids this summer are inevitable after the season he's had, that's obvious.

So the club could logically choose to get accept some money for him now. It'll be up to the club and Max to weigh up this summer whether they are happy to keep Fraser for another year knowing we'll be losing him for nothing later. It's up to the club and Max to reject those bids that will come in now, irrespective of Wee Man's current best of intentions.

Last edited:
Why the hostility above to Aberdeen FC? We got Fraser for peanuts and a sell-on for them is completely justified. Good to see a team outside the Glasgow Two making a decent effort in the SPL.

I watched on Saturday for signs of a “goodbye” from Wee Man. Not a hint of it during the lap at the end - he seemed very engaged with his teammates and with the fans.

AFCB used to dream of a sell on fee for Matt Holland, always good to remember your roots.

Aberdeen deserve what they will hopefully get? If Fraser doesn’t sign a new contract then that is up to him...Eddie could get in a replacement and Fraser’s stockmay drop if he doesn’t play as many games or gets himself injured. That is his risk, for our 500k investment we have had much return.

Because their fans were bellends when we signed him - slagging AFCB, Fraser, England.. and just about anything else. F*ck 'em.

Remember when we sold players when we were in the lower leagues and hoped to get something from it to help our club survive if that player got sold on.

Now we are in the PL and things are on the other foot, we should think back to those times.

As for Ryan, if he goes which isn’t certain one way or the other he has really entertained us with his style of football.

Seems a very level headed lad.

For the first time I’ve ever noticed, when He came over to take a corner, he got usual wee man chant. He clapped the fans.

Going by an article in the Telegraph this morning, the interest from Arsenal is certainly there. But they won’t be making any decisions until after they either go out of the Europa League this week or after the final, when they will know if they have qualified for next year’s Champions League.

I think they will make a bid for Ryan if playing in the Europa League next year but will fish in a bigger pool if they qualify for the CL. The only other big six team that IMHO might be interested is Spurs, who clearly need to strengthen their squad and may well lose Eriksen this summer. I could see Fraser combining well with Kane, particularly when Kane drops deep to play runners in.

Aberdeen deserve what they will hopefully get? If Fraser doesn’t sign a new contract then that is up to him...Eddie could get in a replacement and Fraser’s stockmay drop if he doesn’t play as many games or gets himself injured. That is his risk, for our 500k investment we have had much return.

Totally agree. we got him for peanuts, he has certainly paid that back in his form and style of play.

Reactions: rgb

;