Wee Man - not going anywhere

To be honest I would be tempted to say to Fraser either you sign a new deal this summer or you’re sold to the highest bidder. I get that he wants the best deal for himself and from his perspective you can’t blame him, but from our perspective this is all becoming very tedious now. The uncertainty is not doing anybody any good, at the end of the day players come and go and it really isn’t the end of the world if he does move on. Personally think he is a fantastic crosser of the ball from both feet but lacks ability on the ball to be a top class player.

To be honest I would be tempted to say to Fraser either you sign a new deal this summer or you’re sold to the highest bidder. I get that he wants the best deal for himself and from his perspective you can’t blame him, but from our perspective this is all becoming very tedious now. The uncertainty is not doing anybody any good, at the end of the day players come and go and it really isn’t the end of the world if he does move on. Personally think he is a fantastic crosser of the ball from both feet but lacks ability on the ball to be a top class player.

Yes, but you don’t say that at the beginning of negotiations, or even the middle. That would be our absolute last throw of the dice.

I'm sure he just wants to know what he is worth - what wages he could expect elsewhere. If you are going to negotiate a new deal he will want to know how much he wants paying every week!

If we are going to lose him ..best its now... we dont need another year of speculation....get it done, get the money...move on! Its all about US, our next 38 games, Not about ' Wee Mans next club' this year or any other year!
Preferably get him on a new Cherry long - term contract of course !

Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletico Rule OK!....f#ck Arsenal, Spursenal, Chelsabury, little f#cking Manubury, Skybluebury, Liverdoombury, Bury and Shrewsbury. F#ck em all!
Oops Sorry Bury, with respect .....not much money flying about up there!

Last edited:
We’re talking big money here, 15-20m as he’s got only a year left on his contract. I‘d like to think eddie won’t let him run it down, it should be a two way decision, it is a business after all.
Arsenal may be able to afford to let such a player run down their contract, we unfortunately can’t, we’ve got significantly more important things to spend the money on.

We’re talking big money here, 15-20m as he’s got only a year left on his contract. I‘d like to think eddie won’t let him run it down, it should be a two way decision, it is a business after all.
Arsenal may be able to afford to let such a player run down their contract, we unfortunately can’t, we’ve got significantly more important things to spend the money on.

:agree:
Think it was rumored that Structadene wanted 20-22M for a stadium buy back.
What better legacy than Wee Man moving on to get us our stadium back.

I do understand the argument that he might keep us in the Prem next season which is obviously worth more than £22M however the half Billion Quid already rec'd has not been saved so why would we think that the next wad of PL cash will be?

:agree:
Think it was rumored that Structadene wanted 20-22M for a stadium buy back.
What better legacy than Wee Man moving on to get us our stadium back.

I do understand the argument that he might keep us in the Prem next season which is obviously worth more than £22M however the half Billion Quid already rec'd has not been saved so why would we think that the next wad of PL cash will be?
I believe we've got more than enough quality in the team to keep us in the premier league next season if we we're to sell, it's all about prioritising in my view.

Money/Business...........Somebody come on here and tell me what Boscombe have got ' for one £19 Quid portion' of the 19 Million Squid they paid for Solanke....sorry but the question cannot be left hanging on a hawthorn bush in Strawberry fields forever ! If we are going along with our beloved Football club being a 'business' we need those contracted by Max Denim to control the ' finances' to start apportioning the pennies in an ever so slightly more shrewd manner!
Berlimey....at 19 million ...for a club of our background( buckets) we should expect some kind of IMPACT, reasonably quickly from the player, an attempt at Imposing Himself at the least ! At that kind of Money, the 'settling in' and 'nurturing for the future' doesnt quite wash the dishes does it.
If I read that he is being sent out on loan to Dipswich or Blunderland next season I think I will Eat Dartmoor and Spit Rocks!
When we signed Ted Mac......he scored about 20 goals in a relegation season.....after doing the same at York......
I dont think its Solankes (or any player in a similar position ) fault....its just a silly ' Business 'Model' thingy '.

Money/Business...........Somebody come on here and tell me what Boscombe have got ' for one £19 Quid portion' of the 19 Million Squid they paid for Solanke....sorry but the question cannot be left hanging on a hawthorn bush in Strawberry fields forever ! If we are going along with our beloved Football club being a 'business' we need those contracted by Max Denim to control the ' finances' to start apportioning the pennies in an ever so slightly more shrewd manner!
Berlimey....at 19 million ...for a club of our background( buckets) we should expect some kind of IMPACT, reasonably quickly from the player, an attempt at Imposing Himself at the least ! At that kind of Money, the 'settling in' and 'nurturing for the future' doesnt quite wash the dishes does it.
If I read that he is being sent out on loan to Dipswich or Blunderland next season I think I will Eat Dartmoor and Spit Rocks!
When we signed Ted Mac......he scored about 20 goals in a relegation season.....after doing the same at York......
I dont think its Solankes (or any player in a similar position ) fault....its just a silly ' Business 'Model' thingy '.
is this a serious post or a parody?! Genuine question

Yes, but you don’t say that at the beginning of negotiations, or even the middle. That would be our absolute last throw of the dice.
That is fair enough. Who knows where negotiations are at but they appear to have been going on for quite some time.

I wonder what Bill would have made of the ‘Is Josh King The Worst Striker / Player To Pull On An AFCB Shirt’ thread ………..

Keep the posts coming Bill ………… I for one look forward to them.

is this a serious post or a parody?! Genuine question

Serious! Deadly....I see things as I see things...not entrenched in the sheep like trance that most PL afficionados are in! Football in its original concept is F#cked ! I put my thoughts out unfiltered because I know there are millions that see it the same!
I speak to fans of Newcastle quite often! Hear them and learn!

I wonder what Bill would have made of the ‘Is Josh King The Worst Striker / Player To Pull On An AFCB Shirt’ thread ………..

Keep the posts coming Bill ………… I for one look forward to them.
The Josh King thing ? Happy with him as long as he keeps giving 100%...got some important goals for my Cherries!

Fraser isn’t necessarily getting a better deal for himself if he runs his contract down. Firstly players get a portion of their transfer fee - something he won’t get if he goes on a free. If he’s on say £25k p/w now and there is 100k on the table elsewhere, by delaying he’s costing himself nearly £4m!

A compromise might be we offer him a new deal to match our highest earner. I believe that’s £65k and we put in a clause saying he can go for £30m. Think that would suit everyone

Regardless of how good he is, and that we may have to let him walk for nothing, we should 'not' bust our pay structure to keep him... If the several contracts we've offered him now top out our max budget, and he still won't sign then sorry, we should let him go...

I'd love to have Fraser on a long-term contract, as I think we will really miss him... but if we start offering players what they want, as opposed to what we can afford (which has to be still at around £70k pw), then it's a slippery slope...

;