Wee-man out foxes Leicester...

Too early to say, things are going our way at the moment, but as we all know things can change quite quickly in this league.
The 3 teams that were favourites to be relegated have reached the bottom already. November through to the New Year will let us know how far we have come.

I know I only saw the first 45, and its very early in the season, but does anyone feel that we've stepped up a level? Or am I just getting carried away?

I’m feeling the same way but I’m tempering that with thinking we have had a pretty easy start to the season looking at other results , for example should really have got a win versus a poor Everton side that were just thrashed at home by a poor West Ham ... still feeling more confident of staying up than any other season though .

I know I only saw the first 45, and its very early in the season, but does anyone feel that we've stepped up a level? Or am I just getting carried away?
What we now seem able to do is control games without having to dominate games. Yesterday was a good example. Leicester had way more possession in the first half, but we were still able to blow them away. Marseille in pre-season was very similar.

I’m feeling the same way but I’m tempering that with thinking we have had a pretty easy start to the season looking at other results , for example should really have got a win versus a poor Everton side that were just thrashed at home by a poor West Ham ... still feeling more confident of staying up than any other season though .
I understand what you're saying, but previously we would struggle against 'poor' sides. And to be fair, Cardiff were poor, but we made West Ham look poor. We've not had that good a result against Leicester before.

Ah yes, I am getting carried away. I'll stop!

Didn't someone say that we got 11 points from these fixtures last season, so technically we're behind I suppose. But yeah it feels good, and it looks good too. First half yesterday was like the Championship again

Didn't someone say that we got 11 points from these fixtures last season, so technically we're behind I suppose. But yeah it feels good, and it looks good too. First half yesterday was like the Championship again
Considering Cardiff weren’t in the PL last season I’d say this someone was talking nonsense!

It's a great start but I wouldn't get too carried away. Burnley have suffered a horror start to the season but beat us next weekend and they're only six points behind which is not a lot over the course of the remaining 32 games.

It's right to be very happy with the way things have gone but the sample size of games is still too small to get carried away.

We'll have six matches against the big six in eleven games over Nov/Dec. If we're still riding high at the end of that run then you can damn well get excited!

Reactions: drd
Considering Cardiff weren’t in the PL last season I’d say this someone was talking nonsense!
I think they substituted some relegated side for Cardiff which kind of makes a nonsense of the whole comparison but was deemed to be the next best approximation. But yes, I feel as if this season we are somehow different. I am almost expecting us to be able to maintain this or a very similar position this season, all things being equal. And I really can’t envisage this team having the customary bad run. Something just feels different. Like the players were saying last season that they feel they belong in the Premier League and this season they are actually BELIEVING it. Let’s be honest, if in previous seasons we had managed to beat the so called “lesser” teams which we often didn’t, without doing much else differently, those points alone would have put us on the fringes of the top six. We can realistically expect to be the “best of the rest” if we perform every game as we know we can. Maybe that was Eddie’s mantra going into this season and the squad has bought into it. This season the vibe in the squad is somehow different and I also feel differently about our realistic prospects. Obviously that’s just how I’m feeling but maybe others are feeling something similar ? It’s just nice to be five games into the season without having seen a single game where you felt the players didn’t give everything for the cause. It’s almost as if being a Bournemouth fan has just become enjoyable :love::wahey::utc:

Yes, may look different after the Nov / Dec fixtures. That said we look far more solid than previous years and we should enjoy the moment.

I personally think we look more PL quality this season. Stronger / faster and physically 'better'. I've felt in previous years we have been almost trying to 'wing it' but things have stepped up a level I feel.

We could do with 17-20 points by the end of October if we want a comfortable mid-season period. Some tough games after that as mentioned above.
Not looking impossible, but obviously one particular win in October would help supporter morale.

I understand what you're saying, but previously we would struggle against 'poor' sides. And to be fair, Cardiff were poor, but we made West Ham look poor. We've not had that good a result against Leicester before.

Ah yes, I am getting carried away. I'll stop!

I think we look better Rob. Eddie often says performances are better indicators than results. We have played well in every game. Had Callum had his shooting boots on we would have beaten Everton. Had him or Ake taken their chances at Chelsea it could have been interesting. We haven’t looked slow or lacked effort in any game yet and that hasn’t been the case at the start of the season since promotion.

An injury to the front two or Ake worries me else we should be on for a memorable season on the evidence so far. Harder fixtures to come but traditionally we have had joy in these... Man City and Spurs aside (and probably Liverpool again this season).

Can any of the stattos out there tell us, how many matches did it take to reach 10 points in our previous Prem seasons? Got to be our best by a long way, I reckon. Win one of our next 3 matches and we're a third of the way to safety with 30 matches to go : )

I'm a tactical dinlo but even I've noticed we're playing differently to last season. The whole team are a team as a whole, keep this up for the season and it will be our most exciting Prem season yet. Where we end up and what we end up with, to early to say and to many variables for an accurate forecast. : )
If only the club would tell us what they're building on the pitch : )

This team has so much more about it than last season. Adding lerma and Brooks has strengthened us hugely. Fraser is so fired up we'll need fire extinguishers.

The movement is another level compared to last season.

This is the first time that I feel we properly belong in this division.

Can any of the stattos out there tell us, how many matches did it take to reach 10 points in our previous Prem seasons? Got to be our best by a long way, I reckon. Win one of our next 3 matches and we're a third of the way to safety with 30 matches to go : )

I'm a tactical dinlo but even I've noticed we're playing differently to last season. The whole team are a team as a whole, keep this up for the season and it will be our most exciting Prem season yet. Where we end up and what we end up with, to early to say and to many variables for an accurate forecast. : )
If only the club would tell us what they're building on the pitch : )
Well, they're keen to tell us how they've managed to intricately fold a lot of paper, so surely a new stadium will be a doddle! The Chief Exec must be working on THAT statement as we speak ;-)

Oh yeah, that's how we're getting around the environmental impact review. 32000 all seater, problem is getting the labour shipped over from Japan as it's going to be the first origami stadium

2015/16 - P14 W2 D4 L8 Points: 10
2016/17 - P8 W3 D2 L3 Points: 11
2017/18 - P11 W3 D1 L7 Points: 10
2018/19 - P5 W3 D1 L1 Points: 10

Thanks Kirsikka, as a Happy clapper I'm judging this as a very good start but to please the Eeyores, there's still a long way to go, only played bang average teams blah blah blah : )

;