Wee-man out foxes Leicester...

Fair enough, couldn't see that in the highlights and they didn't 'adjust' the commentary to mention it.

In balance I should also have mentioned that Maguire clearly should have been off the field. That isn't even in question so the wrong decisions weren't all in our favour.

Pawson was poor throughout. You know that when both sets of fans sing ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’

Having watched MOTD I would say Maguire should have gone, Morgan shouldn’t, Vardy should have got a pen, so should Fraser, King shouldn’t.

That’s quite appalling in the cold light of day.

Reactions: drd
Pawson was poor throughout. You know that when both sets of fans sing ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’

Having watched MOTD I would say Maguire should have gone, Morgan shouldn’t, Vardy should have got a pen, so should Fraser, King shouldn’t.

Re: The Vardy Penalty - you cannot see it from the camera angle on MOTD, but from behind the goal Begovic clearly made contact with the ball before Vardy goes over

I love Charlie but Rico is the future of the team in that position. He will make mistakes as he learns the play and the levels of the PL but to bring Charlie back in when he's fit would be a mistake now. And I hope Eddie knows this, as he has done with Franno so far. Keep Rico in there, especially with the run of fixtures we have, he will keep getting better....and his delivery is superb!

The penalty incident with Wee Man - lots of people, Alan Shearer included, feel it was a blatant dive that deserved a yellow card. What do we all think? I feel that Ryan is NOT a diver, generally speaking. When players are too quick for the defence and get even slight clips, they go down and it can appear to be soft or a dive. I can't see the point in him diving there when he had gone around the player?? Whether it was enough for a penalty is another matter of course.

Its been a brilliant start to the season. We were not that far off at least a point at Chelsea too, if certain incidents had gone our way. I guess we are one bad performance away from the gloom merchants from re-appearing though! But I always felt the three new players made us much stronger than last season, if Eddie also then realised some of our old guard couldn't be first choice any longer. So far....he has. We do seem to be playing a little differently, a little smarter, faster when we need to be.....and players like Callum and King are clicking. I can't believe Southgate hasn't either included Callum or mentioned him when speaking of options.

We know we will have proper off days and will be interesting to see how we do against the very best teams....but overall, I believe we really can end up in our best position...and also beat our best points total.

Reffing decisions - Fraser, very hard to tell, as I mentioned above. Vardy - don't think many refs give that as a penalty, looks like Bego made contact with the ball. Maguire, certain double yellow. Morgan, a little harsh I would say although as others have said, probably an accumulation of several smaller fouls along the way. Handball - see those given more often than not. Soft but....we would have had the ball in possession if he didn't handle it.

Interesting you think Daniels will return when fit,I don't think he will,he was a weak link all last season in my opinion in the same way that Francis was,and Eddie has acted on it.
I don't think we paid £10m to stick him on the bench for a year while he learns the "Bournemouth way".

Cook wouldnt need to foul persistently to cover a lack of pace and positional awareness. Maguire and Morgan were dragged all over the place by King and Wilson. Cook and Ake restricted Vardy as usual.

Pawson hasnt improved since the fiasco of the offside goal v lfc and the disallowed goal v lfc.

Begovic got a hand on the ball. Never a pen. VAR reckons ours was not an obcious error and would have stood

The angle of Morgan’s 2nd yellow on GoS confirmed what I thought at the time. It could easily have been a straight red so even if his first booking was a little harsh, he couldn’t really have any complaints

I'd like a gentle bet with you over Charlie's berth. I thought Rico grew into the game. I agree about the early passing but he did not lose his nerve and some his passing later in the game was something we haven't seen from Charlie. Lerman, so patient and strong, does the simple things so well. For me the likes of Gosling could learn a lot from him. Noticed a Colombian flag in the main stand.

Last edited:
Interesting debate about new players as well. Eddie has always had the capacity of introducing better players slowly so it doesn't upset the team ethic and I think there was a discussion about the introduction of players to the team on MOTD but I may be wrong about the programme. In any event, West Ham have spent huge sums on players but do not have a team. Spurs have spent nothing and the errors they were making against Liverpool yesterday were horrendous. So there is a very fine dividing line between success and failure, we seem to be having a Shankly like re-building here which is fine by me :)

Thing is....Rico and Lerma are not the young players for the future type signings we always had to make before....they are established La Liga players who cost a lot of money....Eddie obviously knew we had to get first choice players into those positions and I would now be surprised if either was left out, unless form really dropped.

Doesn’t seem to me much mention of the blatant push on Fraser in front of the Ted shed either .

Most opposing teams so far this season have tried to play a high pressing game to stop us playing it from the back. Apart from Chelsea none have succeded. We can let teams close us down and hit them fast on the break now. Dilemma for the opposition - let us have the ball and defend deep or press high and risk being hit on the break. Leicester with slow defenders chose the wrong option.

Exactly right .It felt like in previous seasons we had been found out a little and a lot of mediocre teams did well against us using that tactic . We’re so much more experienced in the Premier now that I feel like only the very best teams ,ie the Chelsea’s and Man city’s will be able to use it successfully.

C Pawson record lately is awful
In his last 5 games as ref he has handed out 22 yellows and 4 reds.

The amount of cards issued by a ref isn’t necessarily an indication of his performance. Especially over a small sample size.

What I couldn’t fathom was why Lerma was booked for a fairly innocuous foul, when Maguire’s much worse foul was not a 2nd booking. It’s almost as if weak referees are going offer reputation than the incident itself....

;