Wee Man

can see him stringing out this "injury" into the new year
doesn't want to jeopardise his big move
we'll just have to get by without him...

More talk from Fraser in The Athletic, basically the guy seems lonely although he denies it.

“It’s hard, because I’ve seen very good friends leave like Marc Pugh,” Fraser said after the 2-1 defeat by Newcastle. “I expected him to stay here for maybe another two, three seasons because he kept himself in such peak condition. You’d never have thought he was the age that he was, because he kept himself in such peak condition.

“And he was good around the lads. You don’t always need to have those faces out on the pitch, they need to be in the changing room as well where they can bring players together and keep players’ feet on the ground.

“So we’ve lost some big players over the last couple of seasons which, especially for me, it’s been hard, because he’s a very good friend of mine. The new faces have come in and done well but it just takes time.”

https://theathletic.com/1381774/2019/11/18/where-has-the-ryan-fraser-of-last-season-gone/

If he doesn't like new faces I'm not sure he'll like a different club much.

The Ohec has a piece on this, lifted from this article. It sounds deeper than Fraser just missing friends, to me it's about team spirit and togetherness. That's what created such a brilliant team and squad. I don't think it can be replicated in the premier league.

We were fortunate and privileged to see something of truly epic proportions. It will never be repeated. Team spirit and togetherness can't be bought. The key factor was the points deduction and the pulling together that followed. Fletch was the seed crystal. The energy source. Triumph through adversity. Necessity being the mother of invention. That sort of thing.

I don't believe that players who earn such unimaginable amounts can have that same desire and collective passion. Eddie is doing his best by bringing in young players from lower divisions, but we are in a whole different ball game. We have had post promotion momentum, so do wolves and Sheffield United. But once that runs out and key players leave the option that calls is to morph into stoke or west Brom. Because staying in league division one becomes the be all and end all. We are good enough, because there are teams much worse than us. Because it's now about reaching a fairly low points total to guarantee survival. Once that is achieved, or pretty much achieved, there is no necessity. No urgency. That's what the premier league has done.

More talk from Fraser in The Athletic, basically the guy seems lonely although he denies it.

“It’s hard, because I’ve seen very good friends leave like Marc Pugh,” Fraser said after the 2-1 defeat by Newcastle. “I expected him to stay here for maybe another two, three seasons because he kept himself in such peak condition. You’d never have thought he was the age that he was, because he kept himself in such peak condition.

“And he was good around the lads. You don’t always need to have those faces out on the pitch, they need to be in the changing room as well where they can bring players together and keep players’ feet on the ground.

“So we’ve lost some big players over the last couple of seasons which, especially for me, it’s been hard, because he’s a very good friend of mine. The new faces have come in and done well but it just takes time.”

https://theathletic.com/1381774/2019/11/18/where-has-the-ryan-fraser-of-last-season-gone/

If he doesn't like new faces I'm not sure he'll like a different club much.
Hmm, not sure Eddie will appreciate that.

I can appreciate it can be tricky initially when long serving colleagues and friends leave and are replaced by new faces.

It's not like our squad rebuild has been sudden though, Eddie's taken around 3 years to get us from a squad largely still made up of Championship side, to where we are now with a totally new crop. And Ryan certainly doesn't come across as a shy and retiring character who'd struggle to make or maintain friends and relationships. He's often been spoken about as a bit 'jack the lad', quite the character?

;