Well Done AFCB Recruitment !

Certainly a job well done for incoming players. Assuming everyone was fit by my reckoning this could be the quality of the 11 a-side game in training (in no particular A or B)

Skins --- Shirts
Travers --- Nyland
Stacey --- Smith
Rossi --- Cahill
Kelly --- Mepham
Zemura --- Davis
L Cook --- Kilkenny
Pearson --- Lerma
Brooks --- Rogers
Christie --- Marcondes
Stanislas --- Anthony
Solanke --- Lowe

With Dennis, S Cook, Billing, Saydee, plus U21s as subs.

Job done on recruitment, over to manager and squad. Plenty to discuss between now and May. Thank god for international break to catch a breather.

'Well Done' is premature bollux....so far its just Money being chucked around....the proof will be if and when balls enter nets at the ends to which we are kicking.. and not entering the nets at the ends at which we are defending.
That is what will determine 'well done'....or not.

Hype is just hype.. we've had a f√cking nuff of that...

Relieved we didn't lose any more players such as Jeff , Billing and Brooks. Two good signings. We now have a plethora of midfielders and hopefully some decent competition for that sole striker role.
Wow, this has been an incredibly good window. A lot of very exciting new talent on board, and the squad looks very strong now.

We've all had our moans and groans over the years, but today I think we have to say that the recruitment team has done a really good job.

Can't wait for the next game and to see how this season will unfold.

Up The Cherries !

Yes. Up to SP and the coaches to integrate them now so the team gels. This will be the biggest challenge. I see the Lowe and Christie signings as key. Will be interested to see what our ultimate best 11 will be - guess it depends on who we play as well. I don't think any of the players will be able to take their selection for granted now and I wouldn't like to predict how we will line up. Lots of injury cover, ability to rotate and a "stay focused or your place is under threat" message to the players. We are also able to cope with a couple of potential departures in January now if the right offers come in. This is proper forward thinking. Now let's get behind this squad and start singing more at home matches as we've been pretty pathetic in that regard in my opinion. The crowd is like the 12 player after all.

Certainly a job well done for incoming players. Assuming everyone was fit by my reckoning this could be the quality of the 11 a-side game in training (in no particular A or B)

Skins --- Shirts
Travers --- Nyland
Stacey --- Smith
Rossi --- Cahill
Kelly --- Mepham
Zemura --- Davis
L Cook --- Kilkenny
Pearson --- Lerma
Brooks --- Rogers
Christie --- Marcondes
Stanislas --- Anthony
Solanke --- Lowe

With Dennis, S Cook, Billing, Saydee, plus U21s as subs.

Job done on recruitment, over to manager and squad. Plenty to discuss between now and May. Thank god for international break to catch a breather.

Agree mainly here but think Billing would play rather than sub. Lewis Cook won't be able to start until January I reckon so Billing can take his place. When Lewis is back, I guess Kilkenny will drop to the bench. Gav is one hell of a passer (better than Lewis Cook, Lerma, Pearson and Billing) but once teams suss him out and put players on him, he loses possession. Needs to beef up a bit before achieving his full potential.

Really pleased with the window. It's just felt really well constructed from start to finish. The technical team have got decent value for both the incomings and outgoings.

Wage bill shed of some high earners (Begovic and Rico) and market rates obtained on others (Danjuma and Surridge)

Incomings are a great mix of loaned youth that could become permanent, established pros at this level and a real quality experienced addition in Cahill.

If this was the type of window that was sold to SP by Hughes and Blake, pretty clear to see why he felt comfortable making the move from Fulham.

Yes. He must have been very nervous that it wouldn't come off. The only thing I also think is that our strongest squad on paper was our relegation season. It's now up to Parker to create a strong, down to earth squad spirit. I think we lack a bit at right defense, given Smith and Stacey injury vulnerabilities so hope they will be okay and Travers needs to develop lots in goal. Otherwise, this is a great squad.

Fair play to the board, they have been criticised a lot in the past but credit where it is due. I said in a thread yesterday that we needed two more signings, a creative midfielder and a striker to compete with Dom. And we got just that, analysing the signings more closely:
-I have no doubt that Christie will be a top tier number eight at this level. He is everything that we needed in that position, he can drive at players, he’s creative (three assists already this season, against a poor side but just check out the pass he produces for Celtic’s fourth goal,) he is good at picking up pockets of space and he can shoot from range. Just to top it all off he is comfortable playing out wide too. And for those who worry about negative reports from Celtic fans about his performances last season, it’s worth bearing in mind that the whole of Celtic was in complete disarray last season, so let’s not judge him on one bad season. They are also naturally quite salty that he rejected a deal to join little old us.
-Lowe is an interesting one and is better than what I expected us to recruit. Swansea fans give mixed reviews about him but it is worth bearing in mind that last season was his first ever playing as an out and out forward, Swansea only played him there due to having nobody else! He has played his entire career as a wide player up until that point, and still managed a very respectable 14 goals! We have not only signed a back up for Dom, we have also signed a very decent wide man at this level who will thrive when asked to hug the touchline.

In my opinion with the squad he has been able to assemble Parker should be achieving a comfortable top six finish, perhaps even running West Brom close for second.
Err, have you seen Fulhams squad and additions?

I think WBA will be the ones hoping for second.

Wrong, again.
The Surridge fee was not 5.5 up front, it was 2 up front with add one, as widely reported.

Love it!

The old "we never get transfer fees up front but ALWAYS have to pay them up front" argument so beloved of many negative posters.

Don't forget to add on imaginary wages and bonuses if the signing isn't a success or Neil definitely will. ;)

Disclaimer: Winky thing, shows it's an admittedly poor attempt at humour.

Sounds like we spent £4,999,999.99 so he'll be happy. (I really hope I've put the right amount of 9s in there).

Around £43M in parachute payments
Up to £21M for Danjuma.
Surridge £2.5M or £5M

Lets call it £5M to appease the optimistic.

So that is £69M ish.

Let's hope our friendly loan continues, as I still make it around £100M in debt, without touching this seasons wages.

Let's hope the [players we have signed take us back to the promised land, because if they don't...well you know the rest.

Suddenly, and in a change of way some on here perceive things, they now choose to believe we have spent £4M, rather than take the official "Undisclosed" line.

Funny how people use the English language to suit.

Both of yesterday's signings can hit the net and provide assists as well. Keep them both fit and I think we could be in for a decent season. Pleasing to see we held on to both Billing (expected after his statement IMO) and Brooks (hopefully we'll get the proper version back soon). All in all a great window. Well done the board and management.

Around £43M in parachute payments
Up to £21M for Danjuma.
Surridge £2.5M or £5M

Lets call it £5M to appease the optimistic.

So that is £69M ish.

Let's hope our friendly loan continues, as I still make it around £100M in debt, without touching this seasons wages.

Let's hope the [players we have signed take us back to the promised land, because if they don't...well you know the rest.
I really cant be arsed with all this as we know we have a lot of debt, which if he pulled the plug, would see us bankrupt. I dont need it rammed down my throat every day, as if its our fault, and we have the capability to address the situation tbh, even though you in particular seem to revel in it, by somehow thinking you are more real than the 'happy clapper' other fans, for constantly stating it.

However just to help me out, what was the debt a year ago?

Err, have you seen Fulhams squad and additions?

I think WBA will be the ones hoping for second.
Yes, I meant that West Brom are probably going to finish second but that we have the potential to compete with them for that spot. Fulham will run away with the league, I would go as far to say that along with the Wolves side that got promoted, they have the best squad to have ever played at this level.

On paper, solid additions yesterday and it looks like Parker is putting his mark on the squad. The only concern for me is right wing. Stan, Rogers, Anthony and, I think, Lowe all prefer playing from the left (not that I think Lowe will play there, sure I read that's been his preferred position.) Which leaves Brooks the only right winger, albeit an inverted one. An injury to him and we're playing someone out of their preferred position. On balance though, got to be happy with our business and the way the squad is shaping up!

On paper, solid additions yesterday and it looks like Parker is putting his mark on the squad. The only concern for me is right wing. Stan, Rogers, Anthony and, I think, Lowe all prefer playing from the left (not that I think Lowe will play there, sure I read that's been his preferred position.) Which leaves Brooks the only right winger, albeit an inverted one. An injury to him and we're playing someone out of their preferred position. On balance though, got to be happy with our business and the way the squad is shaping up!

This is also where I sit, not being particularly au fait with the new signings, they look good on paper. They have the potential to add depth and quality in an area that we need.

None seem to be the out and out number 9 if Solanke is out for any period, but Lowe, Christie, Rogers all offer some attacking intent and versatility.

We certainly have an embarrassment of riches in central midfield when all are fit, so we should be looking to exploit that advantage and dominant the middle the park. That’s both with the ball and getting the ball back quickly with a high press.

;