Well done Fletch

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
The ball boy of colour was getting a load of racist abuse from the QPR fans (prevalent for much of the game and directed towards our players also I understand) and Fletch quickly swapped him with another ball boy.

Whoever thought it a good idea to put the poor boy in front of the away fans needs a lobotomy.

The ball boy of colour was getting a load of racist abuse from the QPR fans (prevalent for much of the game and directed towards our players also I understand) and Fletch quickly swapped him with another ball boy.

Whoever thought it a good idea to put the poor boy in front of the away fans needs a lobotomy.
If true, that’s appalling. Surely the away section has loads of police by it, hopefully someone’s been nicked?

Wtf? You sure? He messed it up somehow so they started chanting "sacked in the morning" at him and giving him grief every time the ball went near him.

You post is odd and not in a good way.

Any racism is inexcusable, but what level of mental disconnect are these ‘fans’ employing when they do stuff like this? How can you support a club like QPR and carry on like that? Try that sh1t on around White City, Harlesden, Acton and see how it goes. Spoiler - Not fu$#ing well

If true awful and good for Fletch to move the lad whether the reaction was racist or not.

Wtf? You sure? He messed it up somehow so they started chanting "sacked in the morning" at him and giving him grief every time the ball went near him.

You post is odd and not in a good way.
And that’s an odd response.

Very very sure. A QPR supporting friend was in the with the QPR fans and witnessed it all first hand. He was ashamed and disgusted and reported it

Very sad to hear.

Les Ferdinand (with QPR connections of course) was talking about how he brought up the issue of racism in 1995 and now in 2021 it's still happening.
It’s sad that society appears to take one step forward and two steps back in regard racism. This is more that just ignorance, for certain generations/some in society it appears to be endemic.

Personally I think OP is talking shite. I sit near the away fans and heard them giving him grief about getting sacked in the morning but nothing racial. The kid looked embarrassed rather than angry as he walked past when they swapped them. There's absolutely zero about it on any other forum or social media other than this one person's mate who was apparently in the away end.

Clearly it wasn't some sort of mass racial abuse incident as is being suggested here. Even if it did happen the suggestion that a black person shouldn't be able to work in a certain environment in case he is racially abused is probably more offensive.

Even if it did happen the suggestion that a black person shouldn't be able to work in a certain environment in case he is racially abused is probably more offensive.
Couldn't agree more. It's like saying we shouldn't have black referees or linesmen because they might get abused. This is 2021, we shouldn't just expect racism as standard.

If even remotely true this is depressing, but let's see if anything emerges from it. Surely the lad would say something and club would start formal complaint if so.

Considering it’s been in the news very recently in regards to Liverpool and Billy Gillmour I was surprised at the level of abuse thrown at Gary Cahill.

I was sat near the away fans and the lad was getting stick for not throwing the ball back to QPR. The ball went near him and he went to get it then sat back down I think. The steward spoke to him hence the chant you are getting sacked in the morning. Then he was moved. Awful if he was racially abused as well.

;